way to go NYS senate [gay marriage]

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/880172.html

seriously? gays have as much of a right to be miserable as the rest of us.

Wow, not even close…

And lets not get into a debate. I’m sick of hearing about it…

Meh, let ppl do what they want. Government should just step out of the way.

this. who the fuck cares if two dudes get married?

Government is a waste. Someone buy me my own country. That place would rock.

why does marriage = rights? To me that seems like the core problem.

call it by a diff name though, marriage = man + woman.

Exactly. marriage has religious connotations to most people. Most religions currently are incompatible with homosexual people/acts. Its a battle that can’t be won.

bro, really? how on earth would someone else’s relationship/sexual preference impact you? I really dont get it, to me its a no-brainer.

church and state are supposed to separated.

Eh, it’s just fucked up that this country was made because the founding fathers broke free from oppression…

Agreed. So why is the US government holding debates on how a religious term is to be used?

Change the legal term to a union on all unions/marriages and let organized religion have their word back.

i couldn’t care less if 2 men or women get married to each other. I just believe it should be defined differently. Give them all the same rights/licenses/whatever, just title it “Lawful Union” or some crap

So who wants to get hitched?

I had thought after how easily it passed through the assembly it would at least be close in the senate. I am confused how it can be that different of a result.

word. i was reading your post wrong.

But Sen. Reuben Diaz, a Bronx Democrat and most outspoken opponent of gay marriage rights, said New Yorkers do not want the definition of marriage expanded to include same sex couples. “If you put this issue before the voters in a referendum, it would not pass,” he said on the Senate floor as Duane sat next to him looking up at the Bronx lawmaker.

^THIS.

When the will of the people of the state is to allow it, then it should pass. Personally I don’t care, let them be married and lose half their shit in divorce like the rest of us. If a majority of the people in the state are against it then at least the senate is listening to the people that elected them when they voted it down.

I say we outlaw divorces too. The sanctity of marriage needs to be protected!

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Gays should have civil union… straights should have marriage… idk… maybe its my political bias but its just how I feel…

Marriages in general should be illegal.