We are living in exponential times.

tandy2000 laptop was bigger than a briefcase, monocolor, and was only good to play text based dopewars lol

rock band!

Gi joe and TMNT and looney tunes in the morning before school on cable.
atari and nintendo as my only gaming experience.

middle school dances and grinding on all my skeezes.

all tackle one football(1 person punts it to a group of 5-10 who then try to tackle and stop from scoring the person who catches it)

riding bikes to go EVERYWHERE.
Building BMX jumps everywhere i could find dirt.

alpine ski racing:(
winning singleA baseball championships.

buying my first cds(Tag Team whoop there it is and wutang enter the wu)

Bmx’s were RAD!! everywhere there was dirt? I was a city boy, everywhere my bike was:D.

GiJoe was the shit, and dont you forget it. TMNT was awesome, and so were the loony tunes. Oh ya untill people started bitching that they were too violent. Come to think of it. isnt that why all of the fights in power rangers started to be like 5 seconds long 4 episodes into the show? Oh ya and why doesnt anyone tackle when playing football in school anymore? Oh ya and didnt we make fun of the lazy kids not wanting to take gym class? Why do people accomodate them now? Why arent there any winners in competition school sports anymore? How come everyone wins? did i miss something or sleep through a class back in the days?

Senior year of high school I paid 1.03/gal of gas all year pretty much (2001-2002) and cringed in the winter when it would go to 1.11/gal.

My 4gb mp3 player in h/s was the size of brick and weighed almost as much as 1.

15" LCD Dell monitor costing 500 bones for college.

Fantasy Football in 1999 I created a website for on Geocities with rosters, a live in person draft, and manual stat’s from cbs.sportsline.com each week.

AOL dialup way back in the day.

Burning cd’s on my 2x burner in 8th/9th grade and selling em at $10/pop.

Transferring Mp3’s peer to peer via ICQ.

Damn how things have changed.

“Damn how things have changed.”

indeed "

my first aol(and im talking aol, not aol 1.0 or 2.0) screenname was ripnfarts and the password was cups. real gangsta. used to go in aol chatrooms and hassle the douche-frequenters of those chatrooms

playing doom and castle wolfenstein.

floppy discs.

hooked on phonics before preschool.
singing a song called gray-squirrel in a preschool musical.

performing a christmas story in 6th grade.

“sneaking out” at sleep overs in elem/middle school

sneaking out and pooping in a pizza box and leaving it on homeplate of the baseball diamond where we were having the 6th graders vs. teacher softball game that morning.

hiding in bushes and throwing paintballs at cars.

climbing every school building in my district(10 buildings) from 6th grade to 9th grade.

people use to drink tap water.
the speedlimit was 55 and not 65.
the production cars that NASCAR used the bodys from were actually RWD cars.
Grand theft auto 1 was the the New hot thing for ps1.
Gamegear was the hand held system, and it was 2 feet wide and weighed 40lbs hahahaha

Hahaha.

dont get me started on the Doom tournaments we had in the computer lab at at school .Warcraft was like 4 megs in size and took 4 floppies.

And here is one I doubt anyone will remember…Skypager anyone?

speaking of pagers… how cool were you if you had one? Pretty damn cool. Hah, you could commit a murder with some of the first cell phones out on the marked if you could afford them. thats unless you were too busy calling in airstrikes with them. Lets face it they looked like millitary surplus.

1800 sky pager

i was hacking that before i was able to drive - only to get free calls home from the mall :tspry::

I remember connecting to prodigy with a 2400 bps modem, then 33.6 or something and 56k

How about paying for the internet by the hour?

wow. i thought I was the only one that knew about that on here. Thing was pimp:pimp:. I was getting free calls to anywhere from anywhere i tried.

I’ll second most everything on the list, but here is an interesting side point on this subject.

The ‘information age’ has obviously been an enormous revolution, but think about everything else that doesn’t involve email, cell phones, mhz, ram, wireless this and that. Very little else has changed since the '50s or '60s. Our entire generation of technological evolution is contained within things that we cannot see or really touch, which in and of itself is a revolution, and also kind of scary.

The way that people behave when their cell phone battery dies, much less when the power goes out at their house, is pretty scary.

People these days are both dependent on and owned by their technology, to varying degrees.

http://www.ronlussier.com/CHParchive/Images/Babycha.gif

Atari, Nintendo, Genesis, b&w Gameboy… A 32MB hard drive was huge, 5 1/4 floppy disks, monochrome displays.

I remember building my first PC at college, Celeron 300A o/c’d to 450, 2 Diamond Monster2 3dfx cards in SLI, 512MB of RAM, etc…

Ahh… The memories…

AOL V2.0

call hold/2 lines, caller ID, and 3-way calling NO WAI!

winter/snow coming in october/november, gone by march.

$1.00 US = $1.57 CA

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

big floppy (literally) discs

michael jackson = black

pop up video

mtv (music tv) plays music videos, always…

the first to have sonic 3D!

pagers.

Double Dare

ugh i could go on and on…

getting beat in warcraft 2 by a pro-player, come to find out hes 10 years old… fuckkkk (even tho I was 12)

how has everyone missed the coolest computer game that ever hit the green screen(and I mean green, it was the only color they had)… OREGON TRAIL!!!

That game rocked… broken wheel… lose 5 days.

I just cant wait to see the shit my kids will have when they are my age now,

I cant even begin to imagine

Sega -CD. Sega Channel. Jams…you know, your favorite shorts. Mountain bikes with shocks. Fila. Teachers not trying to do you. paying .25 for lunch. Land Lines. Mullets. Rape vans. the list goes on and on