we could be in for an expensive summer of driving

The Euro is stronger then the dollar, and once you convert into gallons its around 5 dollars a gallon in US money.

Unless you live in Venezuela where a gallon is around 16 cents.

What the hell does the euro have to do with canadian currency.

I said canada not any place in europe…

I did!!! I am Glad he is our president! :madfawk:
When are they going to start drilling in alaska. It has been approved

When the Cost of 1 gallon of gasoline is more than $8.94. Then I will bitch.

Until then, the cost of 1 Gallon of bottled water is more expensive…

dumb topic…

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productaddonsdetails.asp?id=9061466&source=froogle

opps, i though you were talking about germany.

who gives it shit, we all need gas and we will adjust, all of this bitching is dumb. Whitey and Weaves are right we have it easy in the U.S.!!!

shit is cheap as hell in the pitts area rest of the east coast i’ve been to in the last 2 weeks was a good 40 cents higher

i remember bitching when it was 150. now its 240. we just got to live with it. nothing we can really do. we all need it, alot of us choose to drive gas guzzlers. so we just pay the price.

first of all, the high price of gas in europe is self inflicted. The vast majority of the high price of their gas is tax. 75% vs 22% here in the US. Read and learn:

The rediculous high price of gas is aimed to keep people off the uber-congested cities in Europe. Traffic there is a clusterfuck that would make LA or NYC look like Rt. 28 North of Freeport. At midnight. On a Sunday. Fuck all that shit.
Cheap gas drives the economy. Think about it. You like to stop at the gas station on the way to work in the morning and get a cup of coffee. It only costs like $.75. Now that gas prices are going higher (and they are going higher at a proportional rate all over the world for the most part. Almost the entire world depends on OPEC for oil, so they name their own price and the world has to pay for it. So now that farmer in Columbia has to charge more money for his beans because he has to pay his workers more so they can fill up their cars to get to work. So the company that buys the beans has to absorb this price increase. Now, the company that buys the beans has to ship the beans back to the US. And once in the US, they have to be trucked to their processiong plants and then trucked to their distribition centers, and then trucked the gas station that provides you with your coffee. Lots of trucks in this little equation. What do trucks run on? Diesel. So now the coffee company has to pay millions more a week in fuel expenditures. The coffee company isnt in business for the hell of it, so to continue turning a profit they need to increase their price. So since the gas station is now paying more for the coffee, they too will raise their price.
And now your $.75 coffee is $1.05. Is that a lot? No. But its not just the coffee thats getting more expensive. The milk, the bread, everything becomes more expensive because everything has to be transported from where its made to where you buy it. Transportation is vital to the economy. There is only one industry that is making out. All others suffer. It just so happens that the President of the United States and everyone in his family and all of his friends pretty much comprise the industry that is making out. Could it be a coincidence, I suppose so. I dont have any evidence that says Bush is actually trying to raise fuel costs. But there has been a LOT of shady shit that has gone down in his tenute. The no-bid contracts, and gross overbilling with Halliburton. There lots more indiscretions and eyebrow raising little things that have been going on. But no one pays attention to them, because we’re too busy worrying about some vegetable in Florida that no one’s ever heard of before a month ago, or whether or not Scott Peterson killed his wife or if Jacko jacked of a little kid.

i heard we have a reserve of oil that could last us for 3-4 years??? i hear we buy a shit load of extra barrels each month to have this reserve…we could tape into it…but if we went to antoher war…we might need it for that…soo idk…just drill in alsaka!!! fuck the animals…whats more important…some animals…or the price of living???

/yourself… you sound completely retarded

why???

we could use the reserve…or not use it incase of emergency

or we could drill in alsaka…how much oil do they say is in alaska

animals dude…

or opec could stop cutting back production

but why do that when most of the countries in opec hate us

what about plan c and not use so much of our resources…

darkstars points are somewhat valid, but he forgot a good thing the increase in fuel price will do… it will force efficiency in cars, airplanes, trucks, etc.

americans waste resources, look at what kind of car you drive!

yep yep im getting 26mpg city n ow woop woop … better than the 12 - 16 i used to get

i don’[t let gas prices bother me cuz ther’es nothing i can do about them