Wednesday Night TMP Open Lapping Day

I’ll go with people, when it is. Figure August, otherwise I could be convince to come heckle people.

I hate the track, I hate their management… but if you start doing events there I’ll consider going once my wrist is better and my E30 is up and running.

At the time I was pretty upset about TMP speaking out against Dunnville. If there was another option I would stop giving TMP my money in a heartbeat, but with Dunnville gone and no other ‘local’ options TMP wins. Frankly there isn’t a more convenient place for test and tune. Last year I was up there quite a bit for evening lapping and as Stuie mentioned I’ve been this year too. If we get a group to go up on a Wednesday, it’s possible that we’ll set an attendance record. I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than 10 cars up there on a Wednesday. There was one beautiful day last year I remember being there with one other car, the whole night. Fridays tend to be a little busier, but even then I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more than 15 cars. There will be slow cars and people who are brand new.

You are not allowed to go to open lapping unless your car is done (and I can drive it)!

Onyx, if I sneak onto the Dunnville track and beat Mike’s time will you change the leader board?

Harvey laying down the law.

I should be in for a few of these.

Are there any days we could rent it? If they’re used to 5 cars paying $70 then they should be pretty cheap to rent for just our group so there are less idiots and chances of issues.

I’m not about to rent again. Last I checked their prices were high (they’re the only game in town) however with so many days already on their schedule for open lapping it would be 1) hard to find a free day and 2) almost silly to not just go on a day they’ve already set aside with no real risk involved. If people paid at the gate, who cares if it rains that week. Just go the next week.

I’m liking this Wednesday night stuff. A few hours then back home :tup:

I asked that more selfishly because I’m an extra 2 hours away making a weekday trip tough. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, depending on how this goes I might be in for one and just take a day off.

There are full open lapping days during the week / weekend as well, but I know some people (myself included) don’t have the time to commit a whole day. I want to go to the track like going to a golf course.

If the weather holds out I might go tonight. It’s perfect out right now.

I found a spare set of pads & looking to see if I still have my old Dunnville kit :tup:

If anyone else wants to go tonight PM me!

Did you end up going?

Nope, lol. By the time I had everything ready it was getting later and the more people I talked to, the more people said they’d be interested in this Wednesday 7/3 instead. So maybe this week :tup:

Possibly in.

I went a few times in the last few years, and it’s definitely a good time and money well spent. I feel like even one 30 min session out there, is more fun in a car, than all day at an autocross or dragstrip. Even if you are driving a rental car. It really doesn’t matter what you drive. Whatever you are driving around the track you can beat the living shit out of. The only thing I recommend is changing your brake fluid to something that can take the heat. Almost every car I’ve taken out there, with an exception of my Z06, boiled over the brakes on the OE fluid. Having to go in because your brakes don’t work is frustrating.

If time allows and the weather is good maybe I’ll head down Wednesday.

X…

+1. It’s tough to go back to autocross eating up most of you Sunday for 5 minutes of seat time once you’ve done a track day.

The weather could go either way this Wednesday, but that’s the nice thing about an open lapping day. If it’s nice just show up, lol.

I agree, 100%. I wish they could setup autocross in a way that would not consume a whole day.

Id go Wed night to hang out maybe bring the camera, brakes on the m3 are on their last legs for street duty, let along lapping.

The rears must be going at 2x the rate as the fronts at least!