Weekend getaway ideas?

Id like to stay within 8 hours or so of albany. I just wanna get away for friday-monday with the girlfriend and have a good time. Somewhere with good fun, maybe a decent amusement park, board walk and beaches in mind. Like a myrtle beach type of thing. I was thinking virginia beach and hitting kings dominion, jersey shore/atlantic city and hitting six flags jersey or maybe hampton beach/cape cod. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old Forge.

I am headed there on Sat, for a week. We rent a cabin on 4th lake. Its a good time. Enchanted Forest amusement park is there, puts Great Escape to shame, not that is really hard to do, lol. But there is plenty of other stuff to do, lots of little chinsey shops, and nice places to eat.

I was at hampton beach 2 weeks ago. Had an awsome hotel suite. Right across the street was the beach. I’d go agian.

Sea Side Heights NJ

^ yes. Fist pump central!

GTL BABY! GEE TEE ELL!

But hit up Expedia, they have crazy last-minute deals

Mysticis cool… but the Ocean City beaches are loaded with stuff to do, especially Marylands Ocean City…NJ ocean city is fine as well. Bang away!

Wildwood / Seaside is only 3.5 hours. Far enough away. It’s still dirty jerzy though.

Ocean City MD/Fenwick Island DE/Bethany Beach DE area. Just spent a week there, if you want little to no human contact, go to a beach on Fenwick Island, if you want the fun/commercial ocean-town type feel with epic seafood everywhere you look, drive 8 minutes south to Ocean City :rofl

You can PM me if you’d like, I’ve spend like 11 total days there in the past 11 months :lol

oh and it’s a 6hr drive from Crossgates.

+1

Used to rent a house for the weekends every winter at Four Seasons to ride trail 5.
Awesome place to be in the winter, but the summer seems like a ghost town IMO.

Pizza delivered via snowmobile. Win
Drive-Thru McDonalds via snowmobile. Win
No salt/plow trucks. Win

Ocean City, MD.

I reccomend Wildwood NJ. Been there for two long weekends this summer. Just got home from there this morning as a matter of fact.

Without traffic its a 4-4.5 hour trip. Six Flags NJ is on the way, Atlantic City is only 25mins from Wildwood. Tons to do in WW. Boardwalk, beaches are really really nice considering where you are. TONS of hotels + condoes to stay in. Cape May is great for shopping/going out to dinner/taking a boat ride. And that is also only about 25 mins from WW.

My family has been going there every year, usually twice, since the 50’s. PM me if you are going to try it out and would like some good spots to stay/eat/party etc…

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Looks like im most likely going to six flags nj/wildwood/possibly atlantic city for a night. Just need a little get away and to scream like a pussy on some roller coasters.

^THIS. My family has been going here for years, this year was the first time we didn’t go. Great places to eat, boardwalk is fun for a bit, night life etc. I have always wanted to take a dinner boat ride in Cape May- only minutes away. Definitely a good spot to take your girlfriend!

Montreal. And yes I know it’s not what you’re looking for. I don’t care. Just go.

In what, your Soooopra with both turbz kicked in?:tongue

NJ has good beaches. That’s basically it. Plenty of Wildwood type places like others have mentioned. AC is a valid choice if you like to gamble and a bit of nightlife.

Washington DC has plenty of cool sites too.

Beaches in VA too but I am not sure the distance.

Not sure your funds but flights out of NYC to like PR/Punta Cana/etc. aren’t that pricey if you look hard.

Family cottage in Cape Cod = WIN

Yep. NE is gorgeous.

Singh and I got back from Atlantic City on Friday. We may or may not of had secks with multiple wimmenz:ninja:bowdown