Wegmans to stop selling cigarettes...

Yes, it’s a HUGE burden. Our parent’s didn’t receive nearly the level of care people do today. Costs are skyrocketing because technology is available that wasn’t previously available. Whether that means new medications, treatments, procedures, etc.

do some research, healthcare cost are skyrocketeing because of the huge increase of perscriptions drugs being consumed in this country. and not the perscriptions needed for people with serious illnesses like cancer, but the perscriptions you see on tv commercials that take care of minor ailments like allergies, insomnia, cholesterol ect…

so the perfectly healthy people like you are the ones causing healthcare to run rampant…not the people that are truely sick.

Yes it is a major reason…

Aside from that it is a violation of my rights when i can’t go outside of any public building and have to breathe that shit in… I’m not talking about a bar either. If im in an intersection with my windows closed that shit still gets in my car… No one can give me a good answer to why they somke either, sounds logical to me.

:lol::lol::lol:

Plus, my “technology” explanation includes these medications you’re bitching about.

But, yeah, healthy people are the problem. Riiiiight.

I do agree that medications are overprescribed though.

d3x, you’re right, to a point.

patient : patient, cancers are more expensive then erectile dysfuntion.

However, there are alot more limp dicks then there are cancer patients.

Look at the sales numbers of the associated drugs.

Either way, its a stupid fucking argument to say that smoking is not an expensive route to poor health. I thought everyone in the educated world knew that by now.

wheres the fucking whambulance?

In an intersection, my car exhaust gets into your car. Is that ass fucking your “rights”?

:roll2:

I like the decision but not the reason. Does this mean I can now consume any food/beverage item from Wegmans without a health concern?

Like I’ve stated before tobacco and alcohol (beer) sales should not take place in stores that minors have access to (i.e. indirect advertising).

you can believe what you want. i’m the one in direct communication with the HMO servicing the company i work for. they will outright tell you why the costs have increased so much faster than the rate of inflation…ask them…its not because of smokers with cancer.

valid point, I like that idea.

The only thing I see thats kind of a contradiction here is that everyone knows that Danny Wegman is a coke head. I’m pretty sure coke doesn’t do a body good.

Eat me! smokers are the first ones that bitch when things don’t go their way.<3 u

i enjoy wegman’s selection of beer.

how so? I never bitch about smoking related issues, I know its a stupid decision, and there are no good excuses.

:heart:

I just hate it when anyone starts atlking about how public acts are a gross violation of their rights. Oh, I farted, i just violated your rights under the Clean Air Act. boo hoo.

:slight_smile:

Ill never mention clean air act but it pisses me right the fuck off when people bitch about having to smoke somewhere otherthan the front door of my building.

well, thats common courtesy (not smoking @ a doorway), people that do have other issues then just smoking. :slight_smile:

Well there is the whole “world is my ashtray/garbage” thing but thats a whole other story.

Whats next? Are they going to stop selling beer?

smokes at wegmans were pricey anyhow

:tup:

what wegmans needs to do is start selling pot. since we know it cures alcoholism and helps people quit smoking tobacco it’s the perfect replacement. :tup: ?