smoking

since welfare and carrying is so popular around here, whats your thought on smoking?

I heard an ad on the radio today asking everyone to call some dude, (cant remember his name even if I wanted too), and ask him to quit waffling on the public smoking in PA subject.

I think it’s your right to kill yourself if you want too. I smoked, I might die from it, my fault right?

I think the commercial on the radio is about second hand smoke.

You have a right to kill yourself smoking, yes.

And non smokers have a right to not have to sit in clouds of smoke from other people killing themselves off.

I can’t stand smoking.

Your right it was about second hand smoke. But the solution was to ban all public smoking in all of PA.

I guess maybe my views are slightly skewed from growing up in the 70’s when everyone, everywhere you went smoked. It just seems like second nature to me.

I smoke … I guess Im kind-of mixed with feelings on it. I understand that non-smokers dont want to be breathing in my/other smoke … but isn’t that the point of smoking/non-smoking areas? … So that one can pick which he/she prefers?

I don’t smoke, so I love places that have banned smoking. I hate coming out of a bar or restaurant and smelling of smoke. This is one of the reasons why I love going to Fat Heads so much these days.

Yes, there are separate sections for smoking/non-smoking, but most of the time you walk out smelling of smoke either way. From the non-smokers point of view, this is a PITA. It seems like that in today’s society, people are trying to ban anything and everything that can possibly hurt another person.

I say if you want to smoke, then smoke away, just keep it away from me.

I guess I can understand your point … I just never think of the smell … because I just simply dont smell it

How do we do that while sharing a public place?

I hate smoking, wish i could quit. I actually wish they would ban it in bars, that way I wouldnt blow through a whole pack in a night.

What benefits do you get from smoking? NONE. You waste your money and in the end all it does is raise the cost of health insurance/healthcare for everyone else. I don’t know if it is just me, but I really tend to judge people when I see them smoking. It just seems like such a waste of money and unsophisticated.

I never said I had it figured out…I was just stating my view.

I agree there are no benefits from it. My fucking lungs hurt, I cough all the time. Like I said, I wish i didnt smoke… I waste about $5 a day buying a pack. Yes thats about $1,800 a year on killing myself.

I’ve tried quitting a few times, but it turns out they are pretty addictive.
Fuck my life.

Damn, I was hoping you had it figured out for me. I wish I didn’t smoke. At this moment I’m about 10 days into quiting, but it gets harder each time I try to quit.

Although I do tend to be the typical non-smoker when I’m not smoking, so I’m lost how to make it work for everyone.

non-smoking areas are like designating that you can only pee in the deep end of a pool.

Whys that?

Because people can still smell the smoke in the non smoking section. Just like you’d be able to feel the pee in the shallow end too probably.

well put!

As I mentioned earlier, although you’re in your own “section”, the smoke still spills out into a good portion of the restaurant. A person sitting in the “non-smoking section” can still either smell it or will smell of it when they leave.

I’m not a fan of it, but do what you want to yourself. Keep it out of my bars and restaraunts so i dont smell like shit though…hahah

I can agree with that, now that you put it like that. One thing though, it starts in bars & resturants … but then where does it end? … Are people going to want it banned outdoors as well?

eh, smoke 'em if you got 'em…

i smoke. kinda wish i didn’t and try to be considerate about it. like i don’t light up in front of a bunch of non-smokers and i’d step outside usually and i don’t throw my butts out wherever. funny how it’s so frowned upon now but was THE symbol of sophistication back in the day (50s, 60s, 70s)

Smoking is banned inside Charleston city limits here in any establishment. Ive actually gotten used to the fact of smoking outside. Even if we go to a restaurant outside city limits, I still get nonsmoking. I thought it being banned in bars would suck, but its not so bad and I do enjoy that my eyes arent burning and I dont smell like an ashtray when I get home. Of course its still on me, as I am a smoker, but not nearly as bad. I was so against the smoking ban when they talked about it in Pittsburgh (bars only…restaurants I believe should be non smoking), but now that its happened here, I am pretty open to it. I just have not been downtown in a bar where all you have outside is a 6 foot sidewalk and the city streets. Ill stick to the good old dive bars in West Ashley.