Pittsburgh Smoking Ban....

Whats your take on it? Just curious to see what people have to say about it.

Well if I had to take a wild guess…

Smokers will hate it, non-smokers will love it

/thread

it will hurt the bars and nite clubs, they have been hurt enough with the drink tax!!

good guess!

Im all for it.

i am for it too. but will def hurt business though. just need to make a smoking section or need a compromise

all for it!

so true!

We have it here in DC and some place in Maryland have it. It has not closed any business and if anything more nonsmokers come out to the bars :slight_smile:

Good…

Sign it into law.

Ban it on a federal level IMO.

I support it and I disagree that it will hurt businesses. I for one would be more willing to go out and spend more money at bars/restaurants if they were smoke free and I know that my friends feel the same way. I really don’t know too many people that smoke anymore, so it will most likely have a reverse effect on businesses. This may not hold true for some of the smaller bars that get most of their revenues from “regulars” who are smokers, but I think that would be less than the majority of bars/restaurants.

I’m reallly Libertarian about this. Bars succeed by having clients.

McGrogans does just fine down in the Canonsburg area as a non-smoking bar.

Non-smokers have a place to go, and smokers have other places to go.

I feel it’s Win-Win when people have the choice how to run their business. If you don’t like the smoking, then don’t go there. Go to a non-smoking establishment if there is one. If there isn’t one, open one up and see if you succeed (I bet in the right location non-smoking would be a nice lucrative niche business).

Mostly, bar owners are afraid of change I’d guess…

how many threads do we need about the smoking ban?

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42537&highlight=smoking+ban
[http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29275&highlight=smoking+ban](http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26595&highlight=smoking+ban)

i’m a smoker & i can agree & disagree with it

i like not smelling smoke when i’m eating & what not

Honestly this is one of the best posts I ever read out of the 3,000,000 smoking threads we have on Pittspeed. :bigok:

I think its bullshit that if I spend my own $$ to open up a business (I dont care what kind of business it is) and I can’t even decide myself if I want people to be able to smoke inside of it or not… You spend the $$ on the business, YOU should be able to make the choice. Fuck the government.

If you support any law that takes away even more of your freedom you are an un-American piece of fuck.

The above covers my take on the ban, I don’t need to add anything…

But seriously though…

x2
I smoke, dont like smelling smoke when I eat tho.
smoking and non smoking sections have always worked in the past, why not continue that?

I’ll continue too smoke wherever the fuck i want !

i hate smoke so im all for it.i hate goin to clubs and comin out smellin like a ashtray

They passed this in Charleston last summer. As a smoker, I was kinda pissed about it. Now that Im used to it, I HATE smoking inside. Just two weeks ago we went to a bar outside of the city where you could smoke, and it was disgusting. I woke up the next day with what I thought was a hangover, but it was actually the stench of cigarettes and the cherry cigar that some dude next to me was smoking. 5 min after I got out of the shower, I felt fine.

I still believe it should be the owners choice, but I am not for it or against it either way.

I can agree and disagree with it im a smoker both my parents smoke they have my whole life i think im just use to the smell but i dont think a smoking section ever rely hurt anyone but thats just my opinion like i said im just use to being around it so it never rely bothered me but im not for it or against it