Weight loss / body builders step in

Now I’m a fat dude, to no surprise, But recently I went back on a diet that worked for me in the past.
Basically eating small meals thruout the day instead of big meals, and I’ve cut out bread and pasta.
The weightloss is the same as before, 10lbs a week or so.
I’ve heard mixed reviews about dropping weight fast.
I’m just wondering about damage to my body from losing the weight.
I know it says lose 2 - 3 lbs a week to be ‘healthy’
If I was to do that Id be on a diet for a year +
Im still a solid 100lbs over weight after the weightloss.

Can someone let me know the risks to this
From may 31st to today I lost 22 lbs.

Your body will go into panic mode and start storing fat if you loose to much to fast.

I quit drinking beer and have lost a few pounds, I am 6’ 2" 200lbs I would like to just loose my beer belly, should be able to do so with out the empty calories of beer.

Sounds like your body’s screaming to not be so fat. I don’t have any useful knowledge about this stuff. Out of curiosity though, how do you feel?

what sort and how much exercise are you doing during this?

Honestly I feel pretty good, Ive been taking a vitamin daily and I drink alot of dasani.
I mean its like a moral boost to not be as fat, and have clothes not fitting haha.

Maybe I should call my doctor.

You’re dropping 10lbs. a week just from that? Are you like 400 lbs?

Honestly not alot of exercise, Working on cars out in the heat has me sweating a ton.
Other then that I just try to stay active as much as possible.

I got up to 356.5
i’m 6’5’’ if it makes a difference.

I guess the amount of weight you drop week to week has to be proportionate to your starting weight. 2-3 lbs. would be normal for 150-200 lbs. but when your 300+, 10lbs. doesn’t sound that bad.

(I am not a nutritionist and am just guessing here.)

You dont loose weight from sweating, you loose weight from burning calories.

The most important thing that frequently gets over looked.

DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO LOSING WEIGHT

This is so true, has anyone dropped large numbers of weight without a problem like this?
I mean I want to drop atleast 120lbs more, but I don’t want to die from trying to prolong my life .

pm woood454

He’s my old roommate, and an Excercise Science Major.

I doubt your losing 10lbs of fat, just from reading you sweat alot and drink alot of water, maybe your losing a ton of water weight along with 1-2lbs of fat but what do I know.

I follow this idea, and its so simple yet so true

calories in-calories lost=lost weight

So your fat and don’t exercise, eat the meals in frequency like you are, and shoot for a solid 500less calories than you normally eat. Your body will do the work for you, to an extent. Bring it up a level by adding in exercise and soon the fat jokes will cease

Its all about % of body weight. That amount is not bad for you. +1

So true. I am breaking every rule in the book when it comes to dieting except this one and i’ve lost 26 pounds in 12 weeks. I eat one meal a day, at dinnertime, between 1000 and 1500 calories. I don’t exercise any more than normal. Everyone said I would get weak/tired/sick, my metabolism would tank, the sky would fall, etc., but so far, all BS.

losing that much weight will require a total lifestyle change.

you will need to permanently change your eating habits in a realistic manner, otherwise you will never stick to it. get used to snacking on fruits and vegetables, and stay away from snacks with tons of carbs. get used to smaller portions. get used to grilled food instead of fried foot.

you will need to permanently bring some kind of exercise into your life. i personally prefer cross training (i lift, bike, and play ice hockey) about 5x per week for 1-2hrs at a time.

my friend is about 6’ and used to weigh 320. he dropped 110lbs in about 6 months by running 3 miles a day, lifting a couple times a week, and changing his diet to snacking only on veggies, fruit, and controlling his portions.

good luck.

I was a fatty pants and now I’m dead sexy.

counting calories and eating small portioned meals will def net 10+punds per week. I did this myself once and lost around 50 lbs in a little over a month. Now i weigh in at around 180 and i seem to be happiest at this weight at 5’10.

However you will need to work out and def will need to eat right while you do this. Your body naturaly wants to store fat so right now your losing most the muscle you have gained from carrying your heavy frame around.

If i were you id still eat some carbs but only during your peak activitie hours. Carbs are still very important. Unfortunatly its gunna be a tough road to look buff from your state. Its real easy to be skinny, but to have nice toned muscle mass is 2x the work.

good luck and keep it up. Do whatever makes you feel good and remember that not everything will work the same for everyone.

thanks alot Civ, good to know losing this weight isnt going to kill me.
I started lifting a little, I was planning to join a gym with a trainer once I lost the weight.

My biggest concern with this, and the thread, was if It was going to kill me / make me really sick.