weird day so far....

call in to see if i have to work… said they would call me back… still no call. so im like this sucks… nect thign i know i get calls from 2 places i applied at… want interviews this week. ones exactly what i wanted shift wise but the pays eh so so… and the second is eh so so too. shit is identical to the one my fiance works and its in the same industrial park!

LABORERS Industrial rebuild shop has immediate positions available to disassemble, clean, inspect & assemble small, mid-sized & large used diesel engine parts & components. Various shifts available Monday through Friday 7AM-3:30PM 11:30AM-8PM Four, 10 Hour Days with 3 days off. 5:00AM-3:30PM 4:00PM-2:30AM* *Pay differential for this shift. Mechanical experience helpful, but not required, will train. Starting wage $8/hour, based on mechanical experience with medical benefits. Must indicate shift preference on application or re-sume to be considered… hmmm doesnt seem to hard. what you guys think?

sounds boring.

office work sucks im learning that… i did it all day friday and almost fell asleep… im used to WORK… not sitting in a chair looking at a computer and printing papers and calling people. if this temp job works out i could have a full time job with the company im temping for… which would be nice. thats why im busting my ass… 10/hr > 8.hr but i gotta look at benefits… those are something i havent had in 4 years :eek: which reminds me i got to call about another job!

I love my office work… that’s probably because it’s not really your standard office stuff. :slight_smile:

I was just saying it sounded boring because I could never sit for 10 hours and assemble something. That would be so boring to me. I need something that changes all the time and keeps me busy.

I like a little more independent type of work. My current research job is like that. It’s the kind where I can leave for the day if the weather is nice and then pick it up the next morning. I only see my boss a couple times a week. As long as I hit my annual marks and get my papers out on time, he doesn’t hassle me. You have to be personally motivated though because if you procrasinate you will get behind quickly. I also like it because I get to work in the lab for 1/2 the day or more. This means that I have an opportunity to wear coveralls and get really dirty, take a shower, and then finish the rest of my day in the office. I can also run to the fitness center and work out for a bit if I feel like I need to get out.

That said, I don’t think you can go wrong with an office job. You get to demonstrate your abilities and you are closer to the people making the decisions. You will have a better idea of the direction that the company is taking. When they are looking to promote or hire someone, you will be around and they may consider you more easily than if you are stuck out in a shop or warehouse somewhere. Good luck making your decision.

i hate office work but love office hotties. Plus i get to post meaningless bull crap all day