weird idle

my car is idling pretty weird. can anyone give me an idea of why thats happening. i think i know why but im not really sure.

vac leak somewhere

scan for codes.

Should be easy to diagnose with that extremely thorough description of the problem.

it idles up and down between 1k and 2k all the time. thats pretty much it.

Do you have K-Pro? And is it just when it’s cold?

It would surely help if you told us wtf kind of car it is

His username has “EP3” in it which = 01-05 Civic Si ;D

Thats a new one to me.

02-05 civic si if im remembering correctly

right, my bad

answer my above questions, i may be able to help… Do you have K-Pro, and is it mainly when the car is cold?

i dont have k-pro and it does it all the time. its not just when the car is warming up

Ok, you need to take apart your Idle-Air Control Valve and clean it. That will solve your idle problem.

…OT a little, but what shot of nitrous are you running?

i bought a shitty nitrous kit so unfortunately im running like a 35 or some shit till i can get different jets. the stupid kit came with a 35 and 70, which makes no sense. but thanks for that info on that.

No problem

I have 50 shot jets here from my old fogger kit, both the fuel and nitrous jet. LMK if you want them, it should fit…I can’t imagine the NOS brand jets are much different from the Nitrous Works jets.

i woudnt mind taking them off your hands. are they stainless steel or brass or what?

Stainless steel.

yea that tells me nothing at all. idk hondas.

Like it has been mentioned before, Vacuum leak most likely. Check all your hoses for damage.

Hondas are known to idle irratically due to low coolant. Some need coolant temp readings to idle correctly and some of their engines have a port for coolant in the IAC valve. If you have a bleeder for coolant on the thermostat housing or elsewhere try bleeding some air out. In many newer cars the engine water jackets are higher in relation to the radiator cap and you need to bleed out the air bubbles in the engine cause the cooling system cant do it alone. Im not saying this is definitely your fix but it may be worth a try. I would look for a vacuum leak first. Good Luck

make sure theyre all on tight. it could just be loosely on or one popped off maybe. check those clips that hold the hoses and/or hose clamps