weird thing about my truck..

my Zr2 has been weird lately. if i drive for a bit, turn it off and then turn it back on before its had a chance to cool down significantly, it sometimes while shoot up on the temp gauge and idle slightly higher. it only stays like that momentarily and drops down as soon as i start to drive again. it doesnt do this all the time but it does do it. any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this or what it might mean?

coolant temperature sensor?

Bad thermostat perhaps?

that was my first gues…but i didnt know if thats what happened when they went bad

since its so hot out, the heat from the block/heads is probably still passing into the coolant thats laying inside the heads (heating it up higher than normal). when you start it back up the temp gauge reads a little high until the coolant starts moving around. my 2 cents, the high idle i’m not sure about.

run it harder you wuss.

i hope thats all it is…just seems weird that it never used to do that and now it does sometimes. if there is something else it could be, i’d like to pinpoint the problem before someting bad happens.

intake gaskets leaking

is it using any coolant? have you had to add any in?

a slight bit…in the almost 2 years ive had it, about a quart in the reserve the whole time ive had it.