TEMP. ISSUES

HEY GUYS ? for ya…

recently the temp on my truck while at idle will slowly rise wit my e-fan running…but if i tach it up just a little higher then idle it will drop …would this be the water pump?

either a water pump or a gummed up thermostat.

remove thermostat and see if it still does it.

remove it completly and let it idle?

sure

I have not had one in my truck for over a year. I just use a cardboard box if I need heat, bigger box=more heat, smaller box=less heat. - It works great. :smiley:

Just to eliminate the thermostat from being the problem won’t hurt anything. And it’s only a few bolts and about 3 minutes to remove.

Are you sure the temp gauge is working good. I had a faulty oil sender in the SHO and it would read all kinds of fucked up. I don’t know how to check a temp sender to see if it is working though.

speaking of heat…my heat has been real weak the last couple cold nights i went to use it

Depends if your style stat takes a gasket or o-ring that fits on the stat itself. Might have a time getting it to seal up if it’s the o-ring.

Could be an air bubble in the cooling system too, try bleeding it maybe?

I’m pretty sure the gauge just peachy, its been going up like it always has and while in motion it stays right were it usually did…its just at idle(like at a long red light or sitting in the drivethru) it climbs wit my LS1 fans running …but wit my luck who knows

junk dex cool.heater cores plugged

x2, same thing happened to my moms blazer. get it flushed and refilled with green.

Get a new thermo and check for air bubbles and ul be fine…

so i should convert to green…???

or the new gold stuff they have out(its call complete by service pro)!flush the hole system

X3. The heat quit on my S-10 a few years ago. The heater core was clogged. Flushed it out and it was fine.

which ever u think is better for me…i dunno which 1 to use :dunno:

green can be tough on alum lines

the yellow stuff is the way to go. We have it at advanced now. Its in a yellow bottle

correct,that why i use complete

:bigthumb:

+1 for the newer “complete” stuff…

Green coolant can be tougher on newer cooling systems, and at the same time Dexcool has a reputation for eating gaskets in older systems…

sweet…yellow is what i’ll do…

which advance u work at…i think i remember seing ur at the etna one?