welding certification(s)...

I’m looking for some info from some of you on here on where I can go to get official training/testing/certification done for various types of welding. I’ve played around a little bit before doing some Mig welding on my old cars and friends cars and things like that, but I would like to pursue an actual certification in this field.

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks,

Scott

You complete your apprenticeship, then you get your ticket.

or take the welding course at nait.

you dont get a ticket jsut by taking a course. i belive with that course you start out as a second year…

Start looking at the NAIT calendar in May. It will give you info on when to start registering. I am going to try to register for the Welding course there. That is what they told me.

very good money in the business

just watch out for the testies tho…

i think u do alot of practical shit at nait for the ticket then u just do some apprentice hrs and get it. prob way faster then doing it w/o nait. i can pull up the info on the course if u want? and i think nait is having an open house sometime soon for the sept intake.

Unless you already have your blue book you wont get in the actually apprentice course at nait but you might get int he pre employment one but that doesn’t garnetee you any thing .

yah here is the Welder Pre Employment program bigmack is talking about. all the info on the course u need

hahaha joel , wtf is garnatee ?!

haha guarantee :stuck_out_tongue:

I have gone through all the courses and can probably help you guys out. Okay first you either need to get a job at a welding shop and be signed up with the apprenticeship board as a registered apprentice or you need to take preemployment welding at nait or sait and then get a job at a welding shop and still get signed up through them. To get your journeyman welding ticket you must complete 3, 8 week courses aswell as get 1560 hours per year signed by an employer. Once you do all that you pass a written and a practical exam and then you are a certified welder, then you can go even further and get into pressure tickets. All in all it is 3 years of work to get your ticket. Good luck.