Welding material.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I got some of the panels in for the jeep and was wondering what to weld them in with.

I have a flux welder with .030" wire. Should i just turn the welder real low and use it or should i get something else like carbon steel or just a lighter wire like .023"

Still new to the welding terms.

smaller wire, use .023 .030 is going to be a pita.

Thats what i thought, thats why i didnt weld any panels yet, and asked first.lol.

good enough. lol. let me know if you need any help.

I am going to try on some spare metal i have laying around first.

Hate to say it and sound like a “noob” but it rally all depends on your welding style and how you are used to welding.

Well i have been welding alot latley and am pretty confident in using it. Rewelded my frame on the bronco as well as new bumper mounts.

Also practice on some scrap i had laying around and they are pretty solid.

if you need some tips, just ask. welding is just my career. lol

.030" wire will work fine, and he said he has a flux welder. .030" is the smallest diameter wire for a flux machine (no gas). If you have shielding gas you can purchase .023" solid wire. If you do use C25 gas (most common) you can pickup .030" powdered metal wire called “twenty gauge” made by JW Harris. This wire works great on exhaust and body work and makes it almost impossible to burn through

no, i have .023 flux wire right in front of me.

Really who makes it?

Flux core wire sucks for body work because it burns too hot. Get yourself some c25 and solid .023 or .030 wire