Went on eBay for a bag of milk...

It would look nice SLAMMED, but that would loose some functionality… But, psh… who needs that anyways?

I drove one briefly before, its ok… Id never consider getting one, but i could see why one would…

Just got home from picking it up. (12 hours later) Sad to leave the GTO there but I’m VERY impressed so far.

400HP stock AWD launch ftw

[quote=“Joe,post:22,topic:36161"”]

Just got home from picking it up. (12 hours later) Sad to leave the GTO there but I’m VERY impressed so far.

[/quote]

quicker than the gto?

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:23,topic:36161"”]

quicker than the gto?

[/quote]

Lets see, same motor, same HP/TQ, 1000 extra lbs. What do you think?

it’s quicker off the line because you can launch it, i’d say the GTO has it from 20-80 by a little bit. No chance to do a high speed run because my parents went along for the ride and turned it into a sunday drive.

[quote=“JayS,post:24,topic:36161"”]

Lets see, same motor, same HP/TQ, 1000 extra lbs. What do you think?

[/quote]

I thought he had the 05’ gto (ls1)

[/quote]

Does it come in a manual, or only auto? The one i drove didnt feel like 400hp at all when i was brake pressing it and there was no tire spin and it didnt feel much faster than a G35, altough it sure did HAUL ASS in 1st for how heavy it is, but once it was in 2nd and beyond, i wasnt impressed…

It only comes in an auto. If you turn off the traction control/stabilitrak it will let you do a decent break torque, a lot better than with them on, but it still doesn’t break the 4 20’s loose in stock form. Supposedly a tune really wakes them up, like to the tune of a second off your ET, as there is a shit load of torque management in the factory one and it’s really conservative. Once i have my wet kit from the LS1 and a tune on there, it should be plenty fast enough for what i need.

On another note, Walters Chevrolet in Elkland, PA, bout 5 miles over the border, really kicked ass to make this deal work. They do a lot of eBay sales, and their prices were the best I found. I told them my max payment was $325 a month and I couldn’t afford to put anything down, and they threw every rebate in the book at it to get me there, plus got my GTO lease pulled ahead. Really accomodating with the pickup process too, they came in on a Sunday when the dealership was closed to meet me, detail it, and do the paperwork with me.

That is a fucking sweet ride…

Now you just have to change your sig lol

[quote=“Joe,post:28,topic:36161"”]

It only comes in an auto. If you turn off the traction control/stabilitrak it will let you do a decent break torque, a lot better than with them on, but it still doesn’t break the 4 20’s loose in stock form. Supposedly a tune really wakes them up, like to the tune of a second off your ET, as there is a shit load of torque management in the factory one and it’s really conservative. Once i have my wet kit from the LS1 and a tune on there, it should be plenty fast enough for what i need.

[/quote]

So i see… Guess i should have looked for some traction control button…
And im sure you can get a serious boost from a tune, that thing has some serious displacement there…

[/quote]

yea, that wont destroy anything at all :bloated:

awd systems love launching 23489072049723 pounds.

[quote=“chino,post:31,topic:36161"”]

awd systems love launching 23489072049723 pounds.

[/quote]

they dont mind 23489072049723 launches. it’s usually the 23489072049724[SIZE=2]th launch that does it. in my experience.

anyways, cool buy, I think i’d prefer a GTO, but I’ve never owned one, so idk.

don’t like the idea of leasing, but if it floats your boat, more power to you.

:tup:
[/SIZE]

[quote=“sureshot!,post:32,topic:36161"”]

they dont mind 23489072049723 launches. it’s usually the 23489072049724[SIZE=2]th launch that does it. in my experience.

anyways, cool buy, I think i’d prefer a GTO, but I’ve never owned one, so idk.

don’t like the idea of leasing, but if it floats your boat, more power to you.

:tup:
[/SIZE]

[/quote]

I dunno I used to be anti-lease, but it was really only because I felt like I couldn’t mod the car, which is becoming less and less important to me.

Pretty much everyone on here gets a new car every year or two, so you’re making payments regardless at all times, this way you can spend about the same amount for something new. It’s a toss up for me

Thats is a very nice truck…there is alot of torque mang. between shifts in the auto…

I really like the truck until i drove one… I think my dad’s 1500 GMC Yukon felt more planted than the SS trailblazer.

Not nearly as quick as I thought it would be either.

But still, nice truck.

I suppose if you’re willing to spend $4k a year on transportation, then a TBSS isn’t a bad way to do it. As long as you don’t drive much. Is 12k the yearly limit?

GM torque manages to make the trans live (among other things). They pull the timing when the trans shifts. If you tune the engine for more hp make sure you adjust the line pressure in the trans otherwise you are going to cook it.

dude, nice truck :tup: less than 350 a month?? wtf, i should get rid of my gay jizm and get one of these, i could swing it pretty easily :picard:

i would lease, but i drive too much. 35k miles/year club checking in…

edit: nice truck man

[quote=“chino,post:33,topic:36161"”]

Pretty much everyone on here gets a new car every year or two, so you’re making payments regardless at all times, this way you can spend about the same amount for something new. It’s a toss up for me

[/quote]

yeah, I can understand that logic. I’ve got nothing to show for the '95 z28 or c5, and not much for the GSR

but god damn. That shit was a lot of fun, and what kept me in school in the first place :slight_smile: Glad I bought another :slight_smile: