Went on eBay for a bag of milk...

[quote=“RedSoxDude19,post:29,topic:36161"”]

That is a fucking sweet ride…

Now you just have to change your sig lol

[/quote]

check

Congrats on the SS. I worked with the launch team at Moraine truck plant when this thing was going into production and the only thing we were ever sorry about was not being able to cram dual exhausts under it. Have fun!

looking at your sig makes me want to cry. 14 city 17 hwy

what’s the price difference between the SS and the Jeep SRT?

and how many people have told you so far that you shoulda got the SRT? can i be the first?

If that thing actually gets 14 city I’ll laugh. I’m get 14 city with my GTO (entire commute is 30-35mph zones).

I’m guessing that think would be more like 10 if you get on it much at all.

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:44,topic:36161"”]

what’s the price difference between the SS and the Jeep SRT?

and how many people have told you so far that you shoulda got the SRT? can i be the first?

[/quote]

The SS starts at just over 30,000, mine came in at $40,000 sticker cause it has every option except nav and dvd screen. However, I got my lease based on a price of $27k and change with all the discounts, thats why I couldn’t turn it down. The Jeeps are between 40 and 50k, depending on how much you get in them, probably closer to the north end of that to get one comparably equipped, and are severely lacking in the things that an SUV actually does. (No hitch, half the towing capacity, sucks off road.) If I wanted to go with one of those I’d just get a Charger SRT8 and save some money and gas. Alas, partly due to the GM discount and partly due to my manlove for the LS series, I’m a GM guy.
You’re the first. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“JayS,post:45,topic:36161"”]

If that thing actually gets 14 city I’ll laugh. I’m get 14 city with my GTO (entire commute is 30-35mph zones).

I’m guessing that think would be more like 10 if you get on it much at all.

[/quote]

Damn, that right there would stop me from buying/leasing one and I really want one. I am driving my dads v6 mountaineer and I am compalining about the gas after 1 week already. I guess thats what happens when I go from driving my 4cyl focus to a SUV.

im averaging 14.5 right now, combo of city and highway. About half and half, but the city driving was mostly like an asshole, showing people the truck. I’ll report back at the first fill up

[quote=“dreid,post:47,topic:36161"”]

Damn, that right there would stop me from buying/leasing one and I really want one. I am driving my dads v6 mountaineer and I am compalining about the gas after 1 week already. I guess thats what happens when I go from driving my 4cyl focus to a SUV.

[/quote]

The difference between getting 25mpg city and 14mpg city @ 3.25/gallon is $75 a month since I only drive about 9k a year. For me it’s not worth $75 a month to drive around in some econobox.

Living near where you work, the real green choice :wink:

[quote=“Joe,post:48,topic:36161"”]

im averaging 14.5 right now, combo of city and highway. About half and half, but the city driving was mostly like an asshole, showing people the truck. I’ll report back at the first fill up

[/quote]

The bolded part is my problem. I know lots of GTO people getting way better than 14 in town, but I just can’t drive like a grandma no matter how hard I try.

[quote=“JayS,post:49,topic:36161"”]

I know lots of GTO people getting way better than 14 in town, but I just can’t drive like a grandma no matter how hard I try.

[/quote]

Wait til you hit the Very Low Fuel warning light some day, the one that comes on with 10 miles left to empty and flashes the gas pump continuously. You’ll learn quickly :wink: At least I did that time.

Nice truck, black would have been better :ohnoes:

I love those trucks!

[quote=“Joe,post:50,topic:36161"”]

Wait til you hit the Very Low Fuel warning light some day, the one that comes on with 10 miles left to empty and flashes the gas pump continuously. You’ll learn quickly :wink: At least I did that time.

[/quote]

I don’t feel like burning out fuel pumps so I don’t let it get that low :wink:

[quote=“JayS,post:49,topic:36161"”]

The difference between getting 25mpg city and 14mpg city @ 3.25/gallon is $75 a month since I only drive about 9k a year. For me it’s not worth $75 a month to drive around in some econobox.

Living near where you work, the real green choice :wink:

[/quote]

I live close to my job too and I am also turning in my focus when the lease is up in a few months. But dropping the hammer even in this mountaineer, I swear I can watch the guage drop before my eyes. You must ride with a light foot most of the time?

So when u gunna get nitrous for it?? There is a silver SS with nitrous rolling around.

:word: about the SRT8, I’ve driven both, and the SRT8 was much more impressive, but they wanted like $700/month… and THERE IS NO TOWING WITH THE SRT8, the exhaust exits in the middle of the truck…

Both needed a good tune and some juice, but for the price I guess you can’t beat it.

SRT8 is great. We had one at work for a test vehicle. I never got a chance to ride in it but heard all about out. One employee allegedly had it up to 156 :eek:

Whether you but a TBSS or an SRT-8 both contribute to my paycheck so I support either one :slight_smile: