West Herr Ford Hamburg thumbs up

always hear about bad service so heres a change of pace…

I took my Crown Vic in for an alignment (I have never used West Herr before) and after about 20 mins the service manager comes out and says theres an issue, the car needs a ball joint and the tech accidently damaged your car…
my hood struts are shot and the tech had used a metal bar as a prop, well the hood slammed shut on the metal bar and cracked the header panel…

without an arguing Mike the service manager says “we will take care of it”, they loaned me a rental car free of charge for 3 days, fixed/repainted the header panel at their body shop, charged me only for the ball joint ($37) and waived the labor charge for the ball joint and the alignment, so my total bill was $37, plus my car came back washed, waxed and detailed

in this age of shitty customer service I was impressed they did this all without me so much as having to argue or even ask

big :bigtup: and they have earned my future business

:tup: that’s a rarity

Very cool!

Nice to hear!

Kinda seems the norm for a reputable dealer. We wash every vehicle that’s in for service and have always offered free loaner cars and if we broke something we would fix it too lol

Awesome :tup:

That’s pretty great

I’ve also had good experience with west herr fixing a mistake they made. It took some convincing, but all said and done I’m happy with the outcome and the overall purchase experience

I don’t know about that, I had a recent experience with a Chevy dealership that was not good, my wifes car needed a new stabilizer bar for inspection, I went in and told them I wanted the “Heavy Duty Sway Bar kit” which is sold through GM and is around $80 for the package (bar, bushings, endlinks ect), the tech appeared to understand my request and agreed, I go in the pick the car up and find my bill is over $500, the tech had installed a bar that was $200 alone (non heavy duty hollow bar also) and then charged me $40 a pop for the endlinks, I argued with the service manager and told him if he didn’t somehow make it right or work with me I would let my business walk, I explained I had bought a 2010 Camaro new through them and had bought 3 Corvettes through dealerships in the past 3 years and I would never darken their door again if he didn’t work with me…
well he let me walk

I ended up calling the general manager who did work with me some, they ended up charging me cost for the parts installed (which saved me a little over $100) but I still overpaid, got an inferior sway bar and recently when it was up on a lift I noticed the bushings had not been replaced

so yeah things could have gone much worse at West Herr

That is great news and experience!!

My experience with West Herr Ford has been less than satisfactory. Came to them with a vibration on my 06 Super Duty, tech said “oh, that’s normal”. Second opinion at Towne Ford yielded a bent driveshaft.

the West Herr in hamburg is GREAT. so much so, that after how well they’ve taken care of my dad and stepmom on 4 car purchases, I went all the way out there from cheektowaga to purchase my '12 F150. I bought it on A-plan so the price would be the same regardless of which dealer I bought from…but I got it there simply for the service.

You drove 15 whole miles. WOW

LOL, well when I could have gotten one less than a mile away…

I’m not saying it like it’s some crazy distance, just pointing out that I went out of my way in the name of stand-up service.

A friend took his 2011 ecoboost f-150 in multiple times to west herr ford of hamburg for hard downshifting (an issue that is complained about on the internet frequently). First they said it was the trans computer–updated it and said it was fixed (it wasnt). Then they said “oops, we did the hard upshift reflash not the hard downshift reflash…its fixed now” (it wasnt). Then they said the rear end needed to be lubrucated, and said it was fixed (it wasnt). He threatened to have the car lemon law’ed-- and immediately they said “there isnt a problem with your truck-- that shifting is normal” and they wont touch it anymore. If that shifting is normal, why are you doing work on the car? He has been in contact with ford corporate to get the transmission replaced, which isnt going well.

“Shifting is normal, then why are you doing work on the car?”

Exactly. If you’re gonna lie, try to make sure it’s gonna stand up for at least 15 minutes.

Glad to hear you (1QIKKZ) had a good experience with us at Towne.

You guys sold me my 06 Super Duty when I bought it new. Still have it with over 90,000 miles and based on new truck prices, I’ll be keeping it for awhile. Hope Diesel Dave still works with you guys. He was definitely the guy I went to for my work. Good news is nothing has been breaking lately so I haven’t needed to come back. Will talk to you again when I finally need a new ride.