What a winter this year

shrug… compare it to a car of the same age (thats been treated the same) thats never seen a winter and I’d bet you’d see a huge difference

my old 93 lincoln was in great shape… paint was near perfect (minus all the very very small scratches in the paint and small rust spots at the bottom of the door seam). hell, ever the underside looked near perfect minus a few chasis parts rusting (and the oil pan/sway bar rotting out)

I never said winters kill cars (shit, my 200.00 beater is nowhere near dead, just doesnt look all that pretty)… but they do put more wear and tear on them. Point being, I wouldnt buy a car (expensive one at that) that I planned on keeping for a while and throwing money into… and put it thru that kind of abuse.

Then again, maybe I’m just more anal about that ish lol. I like my cars squeeky clean and looking like new (in, out and under the hood)

I’d have to agree…I have known a few people who purchase cars from warm, arid climates with considerable amounts of mileage and selling them up here for a considerable amount of money.

-Cheater-

Once spring rolls around, I’llg et my car all cleaned up, and take some pictures of it. And you won’t be able to tell it was thru a winter.

If it was a rare, or a supercar, I can see putting it away.

But to me, putting away your Evo, and STi, so you don’t drive it in the conditions it really excels most at, is just not right.

why? 4WD is superior to 2wd reguardless of weather

plus, I guess atleast your keeping milage off of it :smiley: lol

eh, I guess it’s a moot point really. It comes down to personal prefrence… like I said, some people prefer to keep their cars clean as possible (like the peeps that dont even drive their cars in the rain… which is a little extreme IMHO) and putting it away for the winter makes sense.

but if it came down to it… would you rather (all else being equal) buy a used southern daily driver or a daily driver from up north?

I do see your point though… why not drive it if you paid all that money for it?

if my grandma can drive around in a RWD 85 caprice, you pussies can do ok in a FWD econo box, AWD and 4X4 are for girls and soccer moms.

Rofl I’m almost depressed that I’m storing my 89 PGT & SHO for winter… almost

that’s b/c people don’t know how to wash their shit…a good detail once a year + regular washings = good condition.

maybe because im doing something to it that no one knows of? shut ur mouth.

the top part of my motor is in pieces right now

oh you stored it last year too…

Anyone who has seen my Evolution knows it is not set up for winter driving.

If you don’t think winter driving in WNY effects your car I will compare my
Evolution to any other Evolution that has driven through 3 WNY winters.
I don’t care how many times you take it to Delta-Scratch it.
Keeping your car clean does not stop winter abuse.

i didnt have it last year smarty jones…

bought my car in march of last year from thefastevo over on ubrf… he stored it ever since he had it in the winter… it will not see a winter

thank u.

people bitch to much about RWD in the winter. LEARN HOW TO FUCKING DRIVE!, i drove a conversion van in rochester winters for 2 years and never had an accident or even close to one. Sure i could make it spin or slide or drift if i wanted it to, but everyone can, i can make it do that in the summer. Stop whining like small children and grow the fuck up.

Looks like your snow is here, folks. :slight_smile:

:word:

Just got back from an 80 mile snowmobiling trip :slight_smile:

wow i didn’t even see this thread.

whats wrong with driving a beater thru winter? i don’t see the big deal. so the guy doesnt’ want to drive his $30k car thru all the salt and we all know how good OTHER people drive in this weather, right? can’t say i blame him. winter beaters are the way to go

ur 17 and drove it 2 years

driving age is 15 in the ROC :bloated:

my 89 camaro has never seen a winter