What are your Winter Projects?

^use the search bar and dont do it it`s a waste of money just wait until you get a real rhd

hey sorry forgot to add this video of a good rhd conversion!

thats kinda what i had in mind with the firewall. Thanks

yea thats what i was thinking but i just wanted to get experience and have fun with a project.

Ya not to be a jackass but ya that is completely pointless. RHD to LHD would be a better idea for a project because it at least makes sense.

thats a sick car and all but probably also cost 13g`s

yeah seriously. when you show up at tim hortons in your fake 180 that cost more then 2 real 180s, im sure youll get some laughs lol

My plans for winter.

• Gut rear
  • Get mark to make me a sick cage
  • fix any found rust
  • paint interior
  • multilink
  • new head gasket
  • big radiator
  • front bumper with lots of ducting
  • midmount intercooler
  • finally mount my oil cooler
  • maybe some beefy tires and over fenders

Nice stainless steel exhaust with resonator and high flow cat, lot of bushings, rear brake rotors, probably new rear calipers, ka-t t28 setup, coilovers, rust proofing, fixing rear wiper and defroster (lol), new rustless hatch, new gas tank strap. etc… so much to do!

All while keeping it as a daily driver! Downtime will be shitty…TTC ftw.

paint and work on building the bottom end

I really don’t understand why people think it costs so much to convert a car. I’ve collected almost all parts necessary for S14 conversion (with upgraded shat) for less than $300. Definately alot less than the cost of two 180’s :rolleyes:

Unless you are paying someone to do the conversion, it is cheaper.

Finish my home reno
New Floors,
New Kitchen,
Home Theater Install,

Rework the shop
New furnace,
New Benches,
MORE POWER for muh tools,

Put the 240 back together and run 11’s :wink:

Regarding the 180sx swap…ask that guy if he’d do it again for himself?

I bet he’d say id rather just buy a 180sx with $$ rather than make one with my labour.

I wouldn’t even do 1/2 the custom stuff i did to my red car a second time unless it was a job i took on for some one that i was charging for.

However that guy definitely learned a tonne of skills etc than the dude who just went out and bought a 180sx. Props to him! Learning experiences are forever.

install my ka-t kit get it running and tuned before summer, undercoat since im so lazy to drive to lakeshore krown.

My winter project is a BONE STOCK 1989 240sx Hatchback,… Thing is mint, Not a spec of rust anywhere. 183 000 KMS on body and original motor! Im officially the third owner :open_mouth: I cant even believe i found this great of a deal :smiley: Plan to make it my track car so shes going under a lot of work at the moment

I won’t say much. muahaha

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs042.snc3/12932_371848300257_511130257_10266838_7036531_n.jpghttp://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs042.snc3/12932_371842790257_511130257_10266822_8088270_n.jpghttp://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs042.snc3/12932_371915310257_511130257_10267301_5967908_n.jpg

Keeping it simple this winter.

FMIC
Side skirts
Powder coating some misc pieces to make it look good under the hood
12 inch sub set up
Maybe paintjob in the spring.

820cc injectors, gt3076r turbo, 300zx MAF, Jim Wolf Tune, Other supporting mods

The other thing about the swap for me is that it is progress on the car when I am a brokeass student during winter :frowning: Hard to explain, but I would rather be working on the car than staring at it, and labour is free.

Skills learned is a big plus also, especially welding (Enrolled in a advanced welding course at Conestoga) and fabrication experience.

Its not expensive like most guys say, it is just the time and effort that most people blow the idea off.

Like you said, I will probably never want to do another non-paying RHD conversion job like u said, but I’m willing to do er once to know that I can :smiley:

changing the drive shaft, coilovers, new bushings on rear sub frame, putting on a lip, welding up a hole, banging out a dent, bondo, fix my spedo cuz it stopd workin wen i swapped the sr, deep dish rims! n some fresh paint. n hopefully up the turbo to a gt28rs :smiley:

i hoping to build a 300hp 180sx out of snow :smiley:
i jus need to figure out how to make it orange and find someone to buy it for 20g