What cable/internet provider?

Im moving into a new apartment this week and am thinking about options regarding cable/'net.

In my old apt. I had Time Warner Digital cable and a modem for internetz. It was almost $100/month for both.

Just trying to look at all options and appreciate any help/feedback ! Im thinking about DirectTV but idk if I can/want put a dish up.

Service Provider :
Cost per month :
Requirements (box/dish etc):

thanks guise !

Direct TV and then get DSL… cheapest options right there. Should run you 70 total…

Verizon Fios and TV if you can get it.

Do you NEED a dish?
Whats included? HD-DVR?

More info plz Cliff !

How much do you pay? Is it only offered in some areas around here?

If it’s macked out with HD, multi-room DVR, etc it’s $165-ish for internet/tv. If you dont option it out, it’s about the same price as TWC ($95-105?) but mucho better stuff.

Fios is only available where they’ve laid fiber optic line. Verizon can tell you over the phone if you have it or not.

Yes, you need a dish. They set it up for you. I paid I believe it was 45 for two boxes… no hd and no record/rewind/playback dealio. But if you get those options, I’m sure its still a lot cheaper than TWC.

Thanks - def something Ill be considering. Just have to make sure Im ALLOWED to have a dish…

FUCK VERIZON DSL IN THAT AREA.

Mine sucks so bad, some nights I get under 10kb/sec download. Upload is nearly nothing. About on par with 56k dialup.

But then sometimes I’ll be much better. It just varies so much that rage is inevitable.

Unless you’d get FiOS at twin lakes.

Nice - Ill check and see if they offer it where Im at.

Yea I heard their DSL is sub-par for the most part…just trying to figure out my options here

I just threw out the cheapest option for you… TWC costs a boatload compared to other competitors…

+1 on that… thats what i got and its pretty damn cheap i have verison dsl and phone

I pay $75 a month for TW with cable (digital on 1 TV) and road runner. I’ve had it in my name for several years tho. I looked into FioS when I was moving into my new apartment and it was priced similar to getting new TW service at the time but with way better speeds.

If you don’t watch many sports and have a Netflix enabled device (or don’t mind watching tv/movies from your computer) I’d get Fios and a netflix subscription. More and more TV shows are becoming available for streaming.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2207/2268723921_1291aeda97_o.jpg

I barely watch TV BUT I have basic cable and RR for a WHOPPING 26.00 Dollars a month :number1

DirecTV will offer more channels at a cheaper rate…

If your a first time subscriber to DirecTV you will get all your equipment for free if you sign a 1 or 2 year lease agrement…

Much like a cell phone carrier if you will

I have an SD DVR… which now gets HD since their upgrade and 3 other SD non dvr recievers… but we opted not to get an HD DVR because when we got it we did not have an HD TV in the house… But if you ask you will get it for free with the lease agreement… remember that even if you move you can take the equipment with you and not have to deal with canceling/moving the service… wherver you go the service goes with you at most youll have to call someone out to reinstall/realign the dish unless you know how to do it yourself

Installation is free and right now our bill is about 70 a month with HD and The plus package.

Fios is cheap and much better than cable but right now Verizon and time warner are in a pissing match and will be in and out of court this fall because time warner basicly owns the right to lay fiber optic in a lot of areas as of right now and verizon is trying to get that taken care of

Road runner offers a slower option that they do not advertise i forget what they call it… anyways its like 20-30 a month vs 50 a month but its quite a bit slower, if you download a lot of torrents/videos etc it would suck but if you do just basic internet its worth asking about.

Anyways with a Digital Cable/Sat option with internet your looking at at least 80-100 a month…

Also remember if you get DirecTV depening on your aparements rules you will not be able to install the dish on the roof/drill into the side of the house… and cables will be have to be run thru a window/door as most places wont allow you to hack up the apartment

^ dude, you pretty much just summed up the entire thread, just saying :lol

yeah i know

but anyways

the most hassle free would be just to get TWC and RR