What can you use on visor safely so it sheds rain?

I already knew you cannot use Rain-X on visors. Can anyone recommend something that works and is safe for visors?

Thanks ahead.

I use FW1 Cleaning Wax

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FW1-Racing-Formula-Cleaning-Wax-with-Carnauba-_W0QQitemZ150335521496QQcmdZViewItem

Repels water good and gets bugs off with ease.

Nice.

Can you get it at walmart or pepboys? Sorry, I kinda need it quick so ordering online is out of the question.

I think you should be able to get it at pepboys or napa or any auto store…I ordered mine online a while ago.

And if you can’t get the same brand I would assume they would have some sort of cleaning wax that will work the same.

meguars cleaner wax does the same thing and that is at adv auto, napa

Thanks for the input. I will look for those tomorrow.

I realize this won’t help you now, but for future rainy weather use, I know BMW Motorcycle division had a glove with a squeegee type of material on the left hand index finger so you could clean out the visor.

Don’t really want to use any cleaner wax on a sensitive area such as a visor, especially if it’s a tinted shield or has any film on it.

The cleaner in the wax refers to the polishing compound that’s mixed in with the wax, which in turn is ever so slightly abrasive.

I’ve seen those riding gloves, but I am not using it for riding but for driving, and I prefer not having to take my hands off.

I’ve heard from people using pledge to plexus; but still not sure any of the stuff I read about are definitively safe for visor and can shed rain.

Vovchandr is right. Any wax will have the same water repelling effect. If anything be sure to use a non-abrasive wax (Meguiars has a 3 step wax system… “step 3” is a top coat sealant type wax aka non-abrasive).

Why cant you use rainx on visors?

Tearoffs > all for open wheel driving in crappy conditions. Or buggy conditions.

Rain-X is designed to be used on glass and doesn’t hold well to the poly visors.

This product is designed for visors and will not hold to glass.
http://raincoatwaterrepellent.com/index.html

Here is the thing. Today I asked a shifter kart guy if they race in the rain and if so what do they use for their visor. He told me that they use RainX, as long as your visor does not have a tinted “coating” like those reflective visors; it is safe. The thing is most visor have a UV “coating” on them and I am not sure how that would react with RainX; That shifter kart guy had all kinds of sponsors so getting free visors will not be a problem for him. So idk, don’t feel like risking my SA helmet visor as they cost $70 to replace.

By the way, thanks for the info on that linked product.

Second that.

No prob for the link. Figure $10 for something designed for your visor isn’t too bad.

Thanks for the input. I ended up not using anything and the speed pretty much took care of the rain. However, when I am tucked up behind other cars, I realized no amount of Rain-X will save me from the spray.