What car(s) do you regret NOT getting

The thread about “what cars do you wish you could own again” got me thinking…What about the car or cars that you let get away. The one or ones that you were thinking of buying, almost bought, but for whatever reason slipped away from you. Maybe you or someone you know talked you out of buying a car that in hindsight you really wished you had bought.

I have a few…
1970 Mustang Boss 302…boss blue with 32K miles on it, bone stock and owned by a schoolteacher…$1500 (this was in 1974)…my stepdad would not cosign on a loan for me to buy it…(fucker)
1972 Trans Am 455HO…Belonged to a coworker, original owner…couldn’t find anyone who would insure me at the age of 17 for that car…
1972 Nova…i was looking for a race car n the late 80’s and i almost bought a 72 small block Nova…it needed a little bit of body work and i let my wife talk me out of it, so i ended up with a Charger instead (the nova would have been a lot better buy)

1999 Civic SI, black at the time they only watned like $5k for it. ran and drove strong, but car fax showed it had a mile long record, engine and trans were stolen out of but replaced. drove like a beast too. was in a wreck but fixed…then i bought my eclipse which i regret buying honestly

When I was 15 turning 16 I was looking for a firebird. I saw a 76 TA with the 400 in it…bird on the hood…awesome shape…85,000 miles. I talked to the guy and got his phone#. He only wanted $1800 for it. I went home and told my parents and my mam asked my step-dad if it would be too fast for me and he said yes. So he found a 81 Formula for me with a 4.3L V-8. The car was a dog but looked cool. So I ended up getting the Formula for $1500.

86 GN t-top… a statey owned it… nice car but it was missing a fuckin body mount… after that i wondered what else it was missing so i passed.

96 impy ss … there were alot of previous owners on the title and it made me wonder. Im glad i passed because it was a big car to have right before going to college and i wouldve modded the shit outta it and it wouldve still been slow.
also im mad for passing up on a 05 cts and buying the gtp instead. either way both cars were slow but ohh well.

i wanted my first new vehicle when i graduated in 95 from high school and i wanted a 95 4x4 ext cab short bed silverado but my dad hated chevy’s and i end up with 95 ranger with all the bells and whistles except for ext cab. the worse part is everytime i get a new vehicle i cant seem to get one.

back around the time my CRX was torn apart by me i needed a car. There were like 5 that came up AFTER i bought my integra.

90 Civic SI hatch - stock clean as hell(see next car for why)
90 CRX SI with b16 swap with a ton of mods, I could never get ahold of kid selling it, his mom told me it was pretty rusty. I really should have bought both of them, drove the hatch and worked on the CRX.
91 CRX SI b16 swap - 2 of them, both blue with the same damn body kit. Kids were driving around UT with forsale signs on them. after i got my integra
94 Integra LS - Car was cheap and in great condition.

When I came home on break during Freshman year of college I found a Galant VR4 with a snapped timing belt…$500. I had the cash in hand, and was ready to buy, and let my mom talk me into waiting another day and talking to my dad first. He agreed with me, but the car was gone the next day. I still get sick thinking about that.

I regret not buying a Ferrari 308 back in the early 90s just before the speculators jumped into the market and drove up the prices. The justice came from the collapse of the exotic car price bubble when a lot of people got hosed.

I’ve always wanted a 308 GTBi. Magnum P.I. style…the only time you’d EVER catch me in a Hawiian Shirt.

Before I bought my Super Coupe, I was looking at an '89 IROC-Z… Yeah sure it was a mullet mobile, but this car was immaculate, 90k (in 2001), Canary Yellow with black cloth interior, and it was the same price asthe T-Bird. 350 TPI, T-Tops (of course). It was badass.

dude a vr4 for $500 thats nuts. i cant find one for under $5000

flatblackterror got a VR4 for a real cheap price too. How much was it Pauly?

Gary Nicholson had a nice Turbo T. when i was fixing up my rust bucket monte carlo SS

1994 Camaro Z28.
LT-1 6spd
Black on black
24k miles

i was set up to buy a red 01 Z06 w/ 34k on it. they were holdin it so me and bics could go out to to put money on it on a weekend 2 feburarys ago. well, i totaled my Zr2 5 days before and i couldnt buy it :frowning: so that spring i talked to pewter about modding a ws6 up and we got the one i have and that was that. im not dissatisfied by any means but i talked about gettin a fucking Z for a year and a half and then i didnt get one and i was pissed. so i dunno, maybe ill get on at some point but the C5Z isnt as much of a big deal to me now since i basically have the engine and the c6z is cooler.

$800.00 it ran to just not very welll

i almost bought a 91(i think) GTi with a G60 swap done. dude told me 2500 for it. he claimed it needed a charger rebuild. i offered him 1800 cash. sold it to another guy a week or so later for something like 1k. the worst part about all this was it just needed a new boost tube