What car would you build?

I’d build the baddest 4th. Gen Maxima in every way.

People have built 11 sec. Maxima’s on slightly more than half that budget.

a civic!

A2 gti, vr6, sliver with a rs front bumper and a license plate that said g60 what

^lmao

The 302 Monster miata takes everything from a Fox-body donor car, 302/T5/8.8 Rear. I havent heard of them using the 7.5 in any of em. Also, the CST-V rears a STTUUUPID $$$, and are very prone to breaking, so i wouldnt consider that, prolly better off with a 12 bolt if ya want chevy shit in there

:wierd Yeah?

id buy an older a8 like a 2000 and put a 150 shot through it

:eek

Yep.

$2k-2.5k (last I knew) for Turbo or SC, $3k or so for a full VQ35 swap (slight built so it can handle some HP - 2002+ Maxima) and a couple other hundred(s) for things like exhaust, etc. Another $2k-2.5k if you decide to go 5 or 6spd.

2K for a turbo/blower sounds pretty cheap-like. And does that motor just bolt right in, or do you need to do a crossmember swap etc etc?

Hmmm I seem to have read an old link about the Monster Miata… This is from Martin’s page, old hat I know…

http://www.monstermiata.com/Monster_Miata_Specs.asp

I thought the Bishop Racing “Monster Miata” kit was the one that evaluated the 7.5" and 8.8" and decided to go with the CTS diff (for whatever reason). Flyin’ Miata seems to promote the use of the CTS diff as well…

According to the website, the axles are built to match up with the 7.5", not the 8.8". See last question below.

http://www.monstermiata.com/Monster_Miata_Faq.asp

Again this is all old info- has this changed?

The axles are the same for 7.5’s and 8.8’s. When I did a 5 lug conversion I used two left side Ford Ranger 7.5" rear axles.

The Ranger rears are offset so thats why I needed two lefts.

Now Ive got Moser axles because a bearing fucked up and axle or so I was told by a shop that I found to be pretty incompetent after what they did the last time my car was there.

Hmm interesting. I think in a stock form, the 7.5 would fair pretty well. But my old man’s buddy was building a 347 stroker monster miata a few years back and needed to use the 8.8 to handle the power it was going to be making(planned on alot of drag strip time).

The 7.5 is a weaker rear even in Mustangs and thats why they put an 8.8 in the v8 cars in '85 when the HO 5.0 came out.

Cool sounding project… I’m not so familiar with these diffs but I am thinking, won’t the 8.8" have a significantly larger casing? I am thinking too in terms of ground clearance the 7.5" would be better maybe?

Definitely good to go with the larger pumpkin for a car being launched a lot…

Again, that’s the last I knew what people were spending on SC’s, etc. That’s probably a bargain price.

The motor is pretty much a drop in. No cross member, swap etc. I think the harness is the biggest pain for the 3.5 swap.

I’m not really a motor head, this is just prices I’ve seen while browsing the FS threads on the Maxima forums. Don’t know every part that entails doing the swaps, etc.

The DE-K motor is even more of a drop in (meaning easier). VQ30DE (95-99), VQ30DE-K (00-01), VQ35DE (02+).

x2, that would be nice, id probally do a hurst olds with a 455 swap:number1

shit you’re funny!!!

i thought it was clever.

hmmm 14 g notes, i would start with a steeda suspension, move along to a new aftermarket 427 crate motor, along with a large shoe horn to get it into my engine bay and new trany, a set of 4.30’s oh the possibilities are endless. but i ant got 14k to piss out the window so im stuck with my slug lol