What car would you buy for $10-15K?

why do people have some huge problem with driving RWD in the winter, i actually prefer RWD to FWD in shitty weather. If you loose it its more controlable

I never had an issue with RWD in the winter, It was fun as hell but i gotta say AWD is a bit more fun and with the adjustable center diff. it almost like having RWD when i want it.

:word: with RWD its always in your mind that you have to be cautious.

yeah i hear ya on the 4-doorness. the red wasnt something i liked at first, but seeing it everyday its been really growing on me lol. it did need some TLC when i looked at it, lots of little door-ding type things all over it that needed a touchup here and there. the rims were curbed a bit, and it was missing a jack locations cover

then a LSD is mandatory. i can’t imagine one-wheel-peels being much fun accelerating in the snow when you don’t have much weight in the back.

never had a problem driving my room mates 240 in the snow, one-wheel peeling, and i remember my monte in the snow, its not that hard if you have some what of a driving ability

FOR THE WIN

yeah, FWD is great til you start sliding toward a ditch and there’s really next to nothing you can do

RWD even without ltd slip is soooo much more predictable - and fun :slight_smile:

imagine nothing, go try it. doesn’t sound like you have already, loadsssssssss of fun still

i had a truck once and i hated how it drove in 2wd. personal preference i suppose. plus racing this kid in a 2wd ranger and watching the center grass stop him from hitting oncoming traffic on transit rd. scared me away from rwd in the winter.

once again, probaly not the best drivers, but i’d still take FWD or AWD/4x4 in the snow anyday.

I don’t know why people worry about drivetrain in the snow.

Guide to driving in the snow

Step 1 - Snow Tires
Step 2 - DONT BE A FUCKING RETARD

cheap FWD is a good idea, however the WRX is growing on me, and if I like it enough I’d probably keep it. I don’t want to keep anything like I kept the A4. Keeping that car around til 100K = breaking shit and depreciation.

S2K is an option that may or may not arise in the next summertime depending on where life leads me. I can’t see myself in a 10 year old FWD car. I won’t be happy and will end up spending more money modding it, and losing that. At least I can sell the WRX next year and lose minimal to no money, and have something nice.

Truth

I think it’s fun to try and stay on the thruway with RWD in the snow.

It’s a game I haven’t lost…yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

best quote ever

get a bug eyed wrx
and then let me de-badge it and drift it

wrx ftw

:word: x’s eleventybillion

I tried to ditch my Jetta for an E36 328 but I have no cash and financing for a car more than 5 years old is either nonexistent or high interest.

Otherwise, maybe you can shop around for a clean but higher mileage IS300?

Here’s my tip: If you’ve got 10k in cash to spend on a car, for the fucking love of God stay out of debt. It sucks. Get the nicest/best car you can for 10k. This could include a nice E36 328 which really isn’t much slower than an E36 M3. But seriously, a car is a shitty thing to go into debt for if you don’t have to.

racing in the snow? :darwin:

trucks are crazy light in the ass anyways. play with a RWD car… even my old trans am could do it in the snow. we’re not talking about the same thing. 2WD trucks in snow FTL

yea mid 14s w/ a turbocharged car is pretty quick.

Not.

haha, yeah, i’m rolling in a full size pickup with the 4x4 on and this kid comes up next to me and guns it, fishtailing the whole time. i got on it a little bit, pulled, let off, he lost it. very funny once i realized he was alright. /run on sentence

anyway, that’s an interesting point you guys bring up with rwd CARS in the snow. i’ll have to try it sometime. don’t get me wrong, it does sound like a good time.

Not really, I rocked my 2wd 86 ranger, open-diff through 4 winters. Just gotta pay more attention, when driving. It really isn’t that hard to drive a RWD car in the snow as long as it’s properly prepped. (ex. not using summer tires, a bit of extra weight.)

Says the guy with the 15 second supercar. :tup:

ohhhhhhhh burrrrrrrrrrrrrn