What car would you buy for $10-15K?

jeez…
that was HARSH!

Eh, for a stock turbo 4 door, it’s quicker then any of it’s comparitively priced compeitition.

I really dig the IS300 but I can’t say I’d enjoy one without dumping money into it. That and it’ll cost more then 10K to find a cheap one.

No worries about the debt…15k isn’t gonna break the bank for myself. It’s just the limit of what I want to worry about while in school.

if you are really going to mod it, maybe wrx, but for the cars you suggested, i dont think any of them will be FAST w/out a significant amount of money which is why i would forget speed and go with a 3series - pimp, reliable, and still somewhat fun if u find a 5spd

says the guy with the tight straight leg black jeans and the pocket protector

since when is my car a 15 sec car?

buy my car dude :wink:

cough dumbass cough

you just don’t have a clue. this coming from someone who has owned a wrx and a VW in the last two years.

Hmm… So speed is a priority… For 10k… Well domestics are always good for cheap and decently reliable speed, but that doesn’t seem like your bag.

-RWD or AWD
-“Fast”
-Reliable
-$15k
-pimp

Hmm…

Not the fastest thing but how about an SC300?

or an RSX Type-S
or a 300ZX TT
or how about an AWD turbo Volvo for something different?

:word: forgot about the sc300, very hot

Those are some solid suggestions. The Volvo is kinda neat. What’s the moddability with something like that though?

SC300, hot but high miles…
300ZX - no way in the winter…I’d feel like an asshole. :slight_smile: Plus it’s getting old.
RSX - no thanks. Would rather sit and wait for a hype R to come along.

Good looks. Still leaning WRX however.

i forgot to mention how much i <3 teh volvo awd turbos. my first automotive purchase as a prefessional after i graduate WILL be an s60r. and i will mod the bejesus out of it lol.

You forgot the skinny tie, and white shirt. :tup:

Mmm… 3 series. :slight_smile:

You’d be surprised at how big the Volvo aftermarket is. Unfortunately I don’t know any specifics about modding Volvo’s, just that there are a lot of hardcore Volvo enthusiasts. One of my old roommate’s at UB was a Volvo nut and we used to shoot the shit a little bit about boosted Volvo’s and such, that’s the only reason I even know that anyone mods Volvo’s. :stuck_out_tongue: If anybody lived in Hadley last year he was the kid with the loud green 850.

there is a company called EVOLVE that has some crazy aftermarket shit for the newer volvos :tup:

pm tnick about modding volvo’s he knows where to go

Someone who calls the STi a tin can has either not been in one, or is so convinced that anything not Euro must be a tin can, that they see it as one regardless of the build quality.

Well I know this one will be a negative, but I gotta throw it out there: A Celica GTS would be a fun little screamer and if you’re sick of fixing shit a Toyota is a safe bet. Granted, I don’t think there’s a whole lot of modding potential with a 2ZZ unless you’re willing to boost a factory NA car…

Since you say you’ve had a WRX and a VW in the past 2 years, I’m guessing you’re the kind of guy who likes to hop cars frequently not find something you like and keep it for 5+ years? If that’s true then I vote you find a Volvo S70 T5 AWD to play with for a year or two.

EDIT: Looking now, but I might be looking foolish because of my almost-knowledge of Volvos. There’s an S70 T5 and an S70 AWD, but is there a T5 AWD?

EDIT2: Bah, a little research is showing that the S/V70 AWD system only drove the front wheels unless they slipped. So I"m guessing it would still understeer pretty heavily. I think I’ll just shut up now and leave it that there may be a cool Volvo worth considering, and let someone who actually knows what they’re talking about fill in the details. :tup:

Not to get off track but i got to make alittle comparison.
1994 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 0-60>6.0, 1/4 MILE>14.4 2 door coupe
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX_________ 5.7_________ 14.4 4 door coupe

So if mid 14s with a turbocharged car is slow, then whats mid 14s with a twin turbocharged car?

don’t forget to subtract 2 cylinders :slight_smile:

seriously. the reason my fam is into soobs so much is the feel of them. they feel rock solid.

get a SR swapped 240sx, undercoat the shit out of it and have the bestest winter ever.

put sick winters on it and make sure it has at least a VLSD… you’ll own.

seriously, if you know what you are doing then RWD is 10x better than FWD in winter.

besides, there are only ever 4-5 days of snowfall that are so bad that you cant get around in a RWD car and you’ll have just as difficult a time in a FWD car anyways.