What did you do to your car today?

This ^^

6’s in the 1/4 will prolly be 15yrs from now :lol

Yeah im gonna do that, but they are gonna see lines and the heater and bust balls some. Plus i dont have a shut-off switch for the battery thats mounted in teh trunk, so idk if they’ll let me get in or not. Hopefully they let it slide teh 1 time…

make it look like theres one

UPDATE

Cant run without one, just called and asked…FML

Harbor Freight sells battery cut off switches. I think theyre about $7.
Youve got tonight and tomorrow to get the car ready.

I dont want a cutoff switch on my car though… looks like shit, and i dont feel like drilling a hole in the car for it. I think its stupid that from the factory you dont need one, but once the battery is behind you(safer) they feel it necessary that you have one. What happens when a “factory” car catches fire, they dont/cant cut the battery, so why now? Soo gay…

/Rant

Shit I was planning on bringing my car to the track soon, maybe even Saturday if everything works out. But now I have to drill a hole in the back for my battery cutoff! FML.

:ponderI can install a small battery in the front with wires that go nowhere!

Well the solution wouldve been leaving the battery where it belongs. I dont see it as being safer when in the passenger compartment or trunk. Atleast under the hood the hood and firewall block it. In the trunk just the lid and a seat or piece of tin blocks it.

Ive seen alot of switches mounted near or thru the license plate. Probably the best bet if you really need it in the trunk and plan to hit the track.

Mine is staying where it belongs.

Its better in the back for weight transfer :retardclap So THAT is where it belings in my car… Also, i cant run it through the licensce plate, b/c that opens, and would mean id need to have an extra 3’ of cable so I could open my trunk.

Are there any special regulations on the cut off switch?

Any car with a relocated battery must be equipped with a master electrical cutoff, capable of stopping all electrical functions including ignition (must shut the engine off, as well as fuel pumps, etc.). The switch must be located on the rear of the vehicle, with the “off” position clearly marked. If the switch is of a “push / pull” type, then “push” must be the motion that shuts off the switch, and plastic or “keyed” typed switches are prohibited. Also, the battery must be completely sealed from the driver and/or driver compartment. This means a metal bulkhead must separate the trunk from the driver compartment, or the battery must be located in a sealed, metal box constructed of minimum .024 inch steel or .032 inch aluminum, or in an NHRA accepted plastic box. In cars with a conventional trunk, metal can simply be installed behind the rear seat and under the package tray to effectively seal the battery off from the driver. In a hatchback type vehicle the battery box is usually the easiest solution, since the alternative is to fabricate a bulkhead which seals to the hatch when closed. At present, Moroso is the only company which offers an NHRA accepted plastic battery box, part number 74050.

put a switch on the bumper

Fuck, so I need a metal battery box and a cutoff switch, I don’t have any room under the hood for the battery. Well there goes running my car at the track any time soon.

Id REALLY rather not cut it up though…thats my dilemma. Idk, fuck it, i might :lol

Enjoy!!:lol THanks NHRA :retardclap :thumbup

Does it have to be a 100% mechanical switch or can it be a remote switch like this?
http://www.jegs.com/i/Painless/764/30205/10002/-1

OEM trunk mount battery ftw.

Mech unfortunately…

How about having a switch on a panel under the bumper- tucked up flush with the bottom of the bumper? Is that legal or does the switch have to be rear facing instead of bottom facing?

I forgot SN95 plates are on the lid- Im used to POS fox bodies where its under the trunk.

Anyway whats the big deal about a hole? You can do body work and paint so if you ever decide to change it (which I doubt you would) you could always fill the hole and shit.

You went thru all the work of moving the battery and now dont want to take the effort to drill a hole and mount a switch? Doesnt make a whole lot of sense especially since you mustve known that a switch was needed.

Fuck it mines staying under the hood along with the ac shit.

Going to mount my spare wheels now and test them out :shifty