What did you do to your car today?

I was pissed at paying $90 for mine. I wanted to reuse my old one but it was a little sloppy.

it wasnt a option for me

Mine was only 2 years old with about 3k on it. I went with an adjustable one for degreeing the cam.

got he new tires mounted on the new wheels, got those on the car and theyre balanced like crap. shakes past 40mph, so i have to call good year tomorow and see what they tell me to do. sigh damnit, why cant i just have things go my way for once?

take it to a good shop have them balanced right and solve the problem:thumbup guarntee thay static balanced em ,when ya need a dynamic done with the right setings

i was told to look for a shop with the road force balancer but its mad loot. any shop recomendations for me with this matter?

Grand Premier Tire on route 20 in East Greenbush. I think they charge $15-20 per tire.

I called Latham Ford and they wanted $140 to do it.

we get 15-20 a tire off the car ,and its stick on weights not pound ons

yea, i need the stick on ones, cuz i have these on it

i know.most if not newer audis and v/x wit aloys get stick ons

my OEM wheels have stickies too and those are balanced fine. i just think that its because the kid that was doing it is new. he told me hes only been there a month but he used to work for skip barber racing, but we already know ppl that used to do that, dont we?

Put new spark plugs in.

probably bought some bent wheels and now the bent ones are up front where before they were in the back so you didnt feel it :lol

mmm, i dont think so. the first set of tires shook as well. i dont think the wheels are bent, but just incase how does one check for that?

yeah so they shook on the old tires balance as well. wheels got some kinks in them. its easy to spot, just spin the wheel and look for a hop.

Definately seems like one or more bent wheels.

I had a shake above 40 but once I got a different set of tires it went away. It happened with two sets of wheels (same tires and I bought wheels because I didnt like the stock ones).

i stopped in before work today. they said that it can be caused by tire lube not drying out and because of humidity that we had yesterday or something along those lines. im going after work to see if they can rebalance them

oh yeah? tire lube? they put silicone around the bead to make it slide on better. they are taking you for a ride. humidity = bent wheel feel??

:facepalm

i just got tires put on yesterday and it rides great, nice and smooth.

couple weeks ago i had drag radials put on the same wheels, me and 6spd EG did them, rode fine.

you have bent wheels

Are you high? Do you honestly believe that?

i didnt say i do. this is what they told me. if they can rebalance it, thats that.

thats what they said. if they cant rebalance them im conacting the seller. why do i never have luck with wheels? something is always not right. DAMNIT