What did you do to your car today?

why dont you post all your thoughts at once

dont buy used wheels or reps if youre so worried

they said that they were a display set. they had tires on them but never been driven, then they took the tires off and put em for sale.

i remember back in the day, APG would use bent wheels for displays too :lol

if that shit is bent…
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/VOTBLINDUB/Random/7a3a1c61.jpg

if its bent i will :lol :rofl

i have no doubts about that, Brett

bent wheels FTL. should have just bought normal M-B wheels and not Lorinser. M-B Alphards = win or even E55 Monoblocks would have looked good.

these ones?
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb220/ProjektB5/All4Wheels.jpg

no the other M-B Alphards :facepalm

idk, im not really feeling the swirly aspect of those. it seems more popular on the golf/gti platform as of late. I like the A8 monoblocks a lot though.

well, the rims are as straight as can be, thats a BIG plus. they said the issue is possibly tires because they seem to wobble as they spin and i also need spacers. like NEED spacers because the wheel doesnt sit flush enough with the hub and the Lorinser center bore is much wider than the OEM one, so it needs a spacer to sit there to make it flush. Brett, Pete, Nick(or anyone that knows) do you guys know if they make spacers that have OEM bore on the inside and a different one on the outside or something that will help me? I dont need tremendously big spacers either. Theyre going to need to be about a finger wide. I obv cant give you an exact number as I need to get the new suspension in before taking measurements. Help?

Took off the timing cover and removed the old water pump.

Whats good for removing old gaskets/rtv? I’m just using a razor blade and some steel wool

you need hubcentric centering rings dude. if they don’t make them that thick to fill the void between the centerbore of the wheel, and the hub, you’ll need a spacer that is machined. find out your centerbore, and then figure out what size the wheels’ bore is.

gasket stripper, wire brush, razor, roloc disk on a die grinder, etc…

gasket remover is serious shit, that stuff is crazy

Permatex gasket remover is the tits…

like 6 bucks a can at napa…

It will take paint off a car… ask me how i know

good shit, didn’t even know about that stuff. Thanks guys

be carful and wear gloves when using it… I made the mistake of not doing so a coupel times and it irriated my skin quite badly for about a day

put on some siiiiikkkk goodyear eagle F1 all season joints on the evo. they got carbon fiber bits in em.

what do ya say votblindub?

i say post pics