What did you do to your car today?

OHWELLLLL

EAUXWELLLLE

Its brake dust of some form…I had it happen on mine too.

Its a PITA to get out.

Clay will get some of it off but a polish is normally needed, ask NedZ32 how much of a difference a polish made on his white A4!!!

I used to get it on my white Elantra all the time and a clay bar took care of it. Unfortunately I didnt have one at home and didnt feel like running out and getting one tonight because it would be dark by the time I finished.

Ive got a jar of Turtle Wax Ice and I did the hood and it looks good.

Good test is putting a thin plastic bag over your hand and running it over the finish. You’ll feel every particle and contaminant that’s still stuck to your paint after a handwash. I use Meg’s claybar twice a year and it leaves my finish feeling like glass. Also makes for a wicked shine combined with a wax/sealant as there’s no more surface impurities to prevent the light from reflecting uniformly.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2aeo26d.jpg

its brake dust from rail cars the car was originally transported on.I see it all the time.

my grandmas brand new expedition had it on it… i had to detail that this weekend!

Wetsanded/polished it.

Also discovered that my intercooler pump is no longer working. :facepalm Not sure how long it’s been like that, either.

hand washed, waxed, and detailed the vette up nice.

Vette-thought about driving it, and went back to bed

Corolla-went and got it from the bar

Fixed a lot of little things with it. Wired up the new deck and speakers and installed them accordingly.

And you’ve been saying you’ve been having heat problems because???

I thought it was just because I was running the oem h/e with a single pass intercooler setup :rofl

I just hit the pump with a hammer and now it works again. :rofl

Redneck auto repairs going on up in hurr.

Got my self a vacuum port for my brake booster line, I can now close the hood.

launched it into a field yesterday :rockon

giggedy giggedy

I just changed the oil in the truck

Laid a HUGE patch in front of my grandmothers’ house with my family watching :rofl ahahahaha.