What did you do to your car today?

Got caught in a sun shower. Shitty ass wet garage shots of the new lip:

noticed there was even more junk piled around it and shut the garage door.
I did get the tire on my quad patched though.

you fag, sell me the mustang!

No.
And today was rainy and I had to haul stuff in my truck so thats a legitimate excuse anyway.

Yeah two small piles of rubber :lol

they started on fire also lololol

Opened the hood in order to install dual pass intercooler endplate
Remembered that I still needed to drain the coolant from the heat exchanger
Closed the hood.

spent several hours installing an o2 housing… holy shIT!

blew the tranny out finally

^ :lol Welded diff and 6-puck clutch doesn’t help :rofl

I welded the living shit out of the clutch fork, plated it and finished all the other solid shifting pieces on the transmission for the jetta. Bolted up the new trans. Removed the original fans and the big ass VW fan shroud from the front clip and installed 2 smaller e-fans. Almost back on the road.

post pics!!! the clutch fork in your car is weak enough you need to weld it to prevent flex?!?!!?

Yeah they are stamped steel jobies. They deflect a bunch with stiffer presure plates. I also replaced the TOB since I was in there to maybe get rid of some of the chatter I started to get.

This is what I did. I didnt take a pic of my actual fork casue I didnt have time to look for the camera and shit.

traced the fork out on some 1/8th plate and cut it out with the plasma. Same as bellow except mine extends all the way to each end of the fork. then cut out the window for the throwout bearing.

Welded the edges inside of the fork where the red is drawn in. Then after each weld i quinched it in old oil to harden it a little extra. after the interior welds were done, i welded on the top plate.

O2MO2MO2MO2MO2MO2M2O2M :lol

Got a parking ticket… then what a coincidence, got a notice about two unpaid parking tickets from 2008 :facepalm

^ ha

carnage pics:

blew a fuckin hole out of it :rofl

WIN!

/thread

I rotated the tires…fronts were getting pretty worn…already :rofl

dropped that shit off to get painted.