What did you do to your car today?

who cares, it’ll do its job and im sure its stainless steel

agreed, also, its an exhaust pipe, they tend to warm up quite a bit OVER the boiling point of water, so its not a problem:thumbup

Uploaded my own revamped Stage II tune.

Ah, just as I suspected. Much smoother driving from the new timing map.

I changed it again from the one I posted. I took a GM Stage II map again, smoothed the FUCK out of it, only this time I kept the 20* of timing from 3k-redline at WOT. My PE (fueling enrichment, you of course can’t run stoich at WOT) kicks in at 2800, so by the time I am at 3,000 the engine is getting the fuel it needs to run that much timing down low.

Wheeeeeeeeeee! I am very happy.

What the rough timing did was cause random spikes in the timing during daily driving, which resulted in KR. Sometimes over 10 degrees! However, now that the timing gradually changes instead of going up mountains and falling into deep valleys, the car pulls no KR during normal driving and thus has it’s low-end torque back.

It still needs a turbo, though. :frowning:

took a picture of this

That’s what the rocker panels on my Z24 looked like. Only much worse, and were hidden by moldings/side skirts.

wheres that? firewall?

strut tower

yeeesh, get that done quick.

Im still waiting for KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKUSTOMS to respond back to me with a price to fix it.

is your brothers 100% stock gti still faster?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7478/leooan.jpg

Just tightened and re-positioned the heat shield that goes from the firewall to the rear axle.

Hopefully that fixes the rattling sound I got at certain resonance tones throughout the RPM range. I hit the bullet, resonator, and muffler with a hammer and they all sounded solid, so hopefully nothing self-destructed too much on the inside from the no-lift-shifting :rofl Aside from the muffler packing being burned away, but that’s to be expected.

It was about even with my car on low-octane timing.

He has a stage II reflash and a new DP, so his is probably faster I would assume.

I just realized that my car is getting up there in mileage. I’ve owned it for just over 3 yrs now and it has 53k on it already :facepalm

Luckily the LSJ uses forged internals (sans pistons) and a pretty beefy valvetrain, so as long as I don’t rev it past 7200 it should last a long time (one can only hope).

he already modded it? that was fast… apr SW?

typical NE Mk3. both sides or just the passenger?

Extra set of snows were burned off :ninja

Just the pass side

my ‘foot slipped off the clutch’ again.

hate that shit.

washed the car and it doesnt even look clean. then threw a P0103 code on my way home :facepalm

cleaned up the messy cuts I made in my hood 6 months ago