what do u think about this house??

I’m not reading the whole thread, as I don’t want to subject myself to NYSpeed finaces.

First of all, a reaaaaly good rule of thumb is that you cannot afford a mortgage more than double what you make. So if you don’t make 75k stop looking at a $150k house.

You’re heat and electric’s going to average between 300 and 400 a month, give or take depending on how efficient the windows and insulation are, your method of heating is, etc. Could be $250-500. :gotme: If one scenario means you can afford this house but the other means you can’t, then you cannot afford this house. You’re stretched too thin.

Those taxes are cheap for the size and area, but there is nothing that’s $4500/year and cheap.

Your escrow payment would probably be 1500/month for mortgage, homeowners, and taxes.

Tack on another 500 for heat, electric, water, internet.

As for the age of the house, with proper maintenance and/or repairs houses can last forever. That place looks like it’s seen serious updates. If you’re serious get a home inspector and take a look. Make sure the electrical is up to date/code. Did I see you said baseboard heat? That’s a fucker. You may really want forced air for resale purposes.

Good luck!