What do you consider the best type of work and why?

Bonus’ that exceed salary FTW

:smiley:

I’ve worked both ways.

I loved the money I got from Commission. But I never spent it because I never knew if I was going to have a bad month or something stupid was going to happen. (2 months into the job my biggest customer made a deal behind my back and I lost them, not really my fault)

Now I am salaried and I like it because I know exactly what I am getting. I do miss getting a few gigantic checks when I’ve had a good month.

And that would not be salary, that would be base + commission. If you expect to make say 100K/yr and 60K of that comes from bonuses, then you work on commission.

On the other hand, if you expect to make 40K…and through some crazy profit sharing magic get bonuses ammounting to 60K, you’re on salary.

discressionary bonuses + incentive plan for hitting indvidual metrics

that’s totally base + commission

Set Salary plus commission, whats to drive someone to work any harder if they are just going to make the same amount regardless? 100% Commission is tough, especially for the entry level.

I dont sell… not sales comission… meh… i think your right :wink:

salary IS nice and all… but with the amount of overtime I work, I’d rather be paid hourly (no commission/profit sharing here… which is total BS in my opinion as alot of us work our asses off, for little $$$)

although salary is nice, atleast here, as they get more paid days off for sick/vacation… which is also total f’n bullshit :tdown:

Walter… your company still looking for people? lol this thread just struck a nerve

I really like working for commission.

i agree

^ Word

but they also work unpaid hours…

low base plus commission … is what i prefer … however it all depends ont he job i’m taking … if it’s a place that’s going to not have a decent volume of customers then fuck that … depends on product… plus customer flow … a few other variables …

LOL not here they dont… and it really sucks for those of us that do work 40 + hours. The direct employees who get paid salary get “overhead”… so if they work 35 hours… they throw 5 hours they missed on overhead :tdown:

the one guy is CONSTANTLY getting in late and leaving early… yet ALWAYS gets paid for 40 hours (and go figure, he has senioirity on me)

pisses me right the f off

low base plus com/bonus all the way on a draw.

but maybe thats because its how i am structured now and love the “unlimited income potential”

To people on salary…how ofter per year are you getting salary increases? What’s the average %?

unlimited income potential is bossanese for “we’ll find a way to fuck you out of your commissions”

dollars to donuts that you sell cars. Fuck the draw.

I’m nearly straight commission and the only downfall I see is that most lenders don’t consider your commissions as reliable income unless you’ve been in the same job for 2 years. Suxorz!

I’m a baller, yo! -does not work on underwriters

Actually no…you are very wrong…but thanks for playing.

A good company…ie. the one i work for does not fuck around with your commission or pay scale. You simply earn your salary back, then add to it out of what you sell. And since 1 million dollar gross sales per year is my goal, it works very well.