what do you feel is the best Antivirus ?

I searched and still can not decide?

AVG from free.grisoft.com

!!

I like AVG. Always been a fan and seems to catch most of the stuff that gets thrown at it. Its a tough topic tho becuase everyone has different experiences so just try them out.

Oh, buy a mac. They dont get viruses.

I use AVG and NOD32.

AVG is free and excellent, but missed some every now and then.

NOD32 is your best bet. I found a torrent that had an auto updater so my subscription never goes void.

That way you don’t have to buy a pos VW, I mean MAC.

avg or kaspersky

I used to be a HUGE AVG supporter, but in the past few years they’ve added on a lot of crap and as a result it’s almost as bad as norton (for clogging up resources at least… still a good product).

I’ve been using NOD32 for the past year and it works great. Uses next to nothing in terms of resources, although I’m somewhat suspicious that it’s NEVER picked anything up. Not even key generators which usually get flagged as virii.

I makes you wonder if it’s a little “too loose”

It’s worth checking out, but there’s no free version

no way its anywhere near norton, best AV out there, im using professional AVG, no issues, no slowdowns

maybe it was the free version that was loaded with crap then.

I remember first using it, it was a very lightweight package (before they bought out ewido). Then they added in a few features the next release… next thing ya know, it has a spyware scanner built in and some form of UAC/firewall.

It’s a great internet secuity suite, but I didn’t like that you couldn’t ONLY use the virus scanner after a while. They may have changed that in the past year or so since then… but it’s the main reason I stopped using it.

dont own a computer…

on topics, i like AVG

Ya I miss the original AVG. I used to put it on servers, laptops, and desktops. Now it uses quite a bit of resources for a simple scanner. I turn of resident shield most of the time and just scan my download folder when I need to.

no $ = AVG Free. Can you free up ~$20 a year? Eset NOD32. Low footprint and effective.

I’m using the cracked version of nod32, it works great.