what do you guys know about the xb scion.

Anybody on here own one of these things, and can comment about them?

I’ve read alot on scionlife, etc.

Is it a dead reliable toyota or do they have reliability problems?

I was reading that its based on the toyota echo chassis.

Is that motor a good runner?

I’ve noticed that the resale is really low, and toyotas have real high resale value.

I was also reading that the thing does better on gas than a TC, which makes sense because it has the smaller displacement motor.

I can’t figure out why the automatic gets better gas mileage than the manual transmission car.

I’m not even sure if I would want a stick in a box like that. Its sort of like having a stick in a caravan (not quite, but almost).

I’ve always kindof liked those. Personally though I think one would look more in place in a city like Toronto, rather than Buffalo…

meh, the people who I know that bought them never kept them long. It was never because of reliability, it was like buying a neon. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but later down the line you just got laughed at.

they should have an option to paint every side a different color on those cars so they look like a rubiks cube

i can comment that my tc hasnt let me down yet… i’ve had it since july… gas mileage isnt too bad…i can do about 400 highway miles on 1 full tank. that’s how i calculate it :slight_smile:

what about city

i drive all city and get 300 a tank

thats 5spd,exhaust and intake

I’d SO get one :headbang:

It’s like a combination of a Toyota Tercel, Echo, and Minivan.

In that it’s as slow as a tercel.
The dash looks like it’s from an Echo.
It’s shaped like a minivan.

the xB is pretty silly. the seats are horrible IMO. its real big on the inside. im
6’ tall and i have alot of headroom. its gets good gas mileage. no matter how i drive it, i get right arounf 30mpg. it only takes like $20 to fill it up. for an econobox, its not that bad.

here’s my opinion: toaster.

i forgot to add… i like my tc…but its the only scion i like…

the xb does look like a bus to me. and you probably won’t get laid as much if the girl knows you have one.

:stuck_out_tongue:

but with the interior room, you can get laid in it. Its like a econo-shaggin wagon

with guys. if you drive an xb, it’s probably the only box in your life…

^ omg lol.

Person A: Hey did you get a new minivan?
Person B: No dude, that’s my new Scion. Isn’t it cool?
Person A: Uh, if you say so.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/carrus_23/toyota20scion20orange20xb20hot20lav.jpg

i used to work at northtown and you could make the engine move by just shaking the car lightly. they are the suck. unless you get the optional illuminated cupholders!

Kustom Play has one, I’ve been in it a bunch. It’s weird. I’m not a fan of those types of vehicles, but it is a Toyota and it is well built.

I worked at a Toyota dealer for over a year and never saw any big problems with these. They have a few quirks with the emissions systems but for the most part are a GREAT vehicle reliability wise. They really have no power though, drive one on the highway and make sure you can deal with the fact that it takes a good 45 minutes to pass someone haha.

This video puts great empathisis on the fact this car is slooooooow. And sucks at the handling.

Unless you have solid motor mounts you can do that with any car/truck/box.

I still can’t figure out who go’s the the dealer actually saying “wow, now this I like” and is looking at an xB. :tdown: to the xB.

Scions are ghey. I think even a new beetle owner would say, “Damn that XB is pretty f@cken ghey!”