What do you guys think about this turbo setup?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-90-240sx-SOHC-turbo-kit-KA24e-T3-air-research_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8019988964QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

maybe ill keep my s13 if i can turbo it for this cheap…

Not bad for $900USD…= $1100cad after shipping :dunno:

The way I see it, if you were to buy the stuff separately:

$300-$400 - turbo
$200-$300 - manifold
$100-$200 - downpipe
$100-$130 - cat
$50-$100 - oil line

So you’re averagin between $850 to $1100cad

Should be good for 7psi :o

ya true, except I never really see SOHC turbo stuff for sale, thats why I was curious… Maybe its not a great deal then. I doubt it will even sell on there, maybe Ill send him an email and see how low he will let it go for.

His name’s Jordan, he makes some nice shit, for that price your not going to find a better SOHC Kit.

agreed

Andrew.

Just keep in mind all the other misc. things you’d need to get the project actually finished, a lot of small things get forgotten too such as a stronger clutch etc. if you’re gonna go for it.

Just keep in mind all the other misc. things you’d need to get the project actually finished, a lot of small things get forgotten too such as a stronger clutch etc. if you’re gonna go for it.[/quote]

Ya true, I already have a stage 2 clutch that should easily be able to handle at least +250hp I would assume. What else is a mandatory?

Obvioulsy piping, IC, Do I need bigger injectors?

Yes you need bigger injectors.

I didn’t check the link, but you would probably also need a fuel pump and some form of engine management system.

Will also need to consider:

– Walbro 255 fuel pump
– FMU or 370cc (or higher) injectors, upgraded injectors would be recommended
– S-AFC or something to control new injectors if going that route
– Oil return line for turbo
– Intercooler that fits & it’s placement
– Intercooler piping
– Blow off valve ideally
– Exhaust system
– Recircing or scrapping EGR and other emissions stuff
– Possible braking or suspension/wheel/tire upgrades
– Timing/ignition/Spark plugs etc.
– Tons of vac hose and tees haha

Misc stuff like this…

how much do you think this setup he is selling is worth? 900US fair price?

I am really considering buying this… but dont know enough about turbo specs, etc.