What Do You Think Of This Mitsubishi...TV?

Mitsu is running a promo again, 3 years no interest. I bought my last set 10 years ago with that promo. $50-$75 a month doesn’t seem bad for an upgrade to 1080p and 50-60". Prob bundle with a blue ray player.
We watch HDTV, rent the occasional DVD and minor (very minor) XBOX 360 play.
Noticing the pixels and jaggies on our 6YO 40" Rear Projection Sony and it’s bugging me.

Looking at these two sets possibly:

LCD: LT-52246
http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=92247

DLP: WD-60735
http://www.circuitcity.com/sem/rpsm/oid/212340/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do?linkid=j13459594k15308

Tiger Direct has the 65" version of that DLP set, the 65735, for $1199. You can also save another $60 with live search cashback and $100 with the mail in rebate offer Mitsu is offering right now. I just bought it on Friday.

Do you have a link to the rebate?

Let me know what you think of the set when you get it. Wondering, why did you go with DLP over LCD. I see the LCD is 120Hz…

I went with DLP over LCD because a 65" LCD would be 10x more than $1000.

That $600 in gas rebates sounds like a hell of a lot of work and its spread out over 2 years, i took the $100 right away. Supposedly they mail it out within a week or 2 :tup:

ok, you sold me on the 65"…but I sprang from the Diamond model for the 120Hz, and additional fine tuning…Also picked up a blu-ray and a new cabinet for the goods.

now i just need to figure out calibration to dial the PQ in properly.
Did you get yours?

Delivered this weekend:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3113/3175622336_b6f3af3d5f_o.jpg

A friend of mine picked up one of these monstrous mitsubishi TVs recently, when I saw it I couldn’t help but comment that I didn’t know Mitsubishi TVs were bigger than Mitsubishi cars.

wow that tv is fucking huge, must be awesome to watch. and thats a really good price

yeah I got the 65", it’s great. Set it up on Friday.

joe, how is your set working out?

i had to go into the service menu to correct some geometry issues, and 1080p geometry was totally jacked…but it’s a known issue apparently. so i called mitsu, they sent out a usb drive with firmware next day and i flashed the tv with it. much better now.

Awesome. Came decently set up out of the gate, only took some minor adjustments. Only complaint is that it takes like 30 seconds to turn on. I got my $100 rebate in about 6 weeks. A good portion of the board has seen it, fbrendan ogled xbox 360 on it for a good 10 minutes :lol:

yeah, $100 rebate came two weeks ago. the slow power on and slow input switching takes some getting used to, hopefully that leads to longer bulb life.
i also used an hd essentials disc to dial in color properly. i can see the cracks, crows feet and pimples on everyones faces now.

I should probably get one of those. This is the first TV i’ve seen where 1080i and 1080p are noticably different. I haven’t played around too much but the only thing i have to dial in now is that it cuts off a little on each end when I have my laptop connected thru HDMI on 1920x1080

you should be able to rent an hde or avia disc…but with this set you adjust for each input. so setup on one (i did 1080p), then copy over to the other inputs.
but that will only do greyscale and color.

if you have an alignment issue or geometry, then you do that in the service menu. the discs will show a test pattern so you can see geometry or overscan issues, but obviously can’t correct them.

Check this link for the service menu, and to display the test pattern for geometry. But before going into geo mode, the HPOS and VPOS (listed in the center of the screen) is where you can correct the “cut off” from your PC issue. up down, left right, enter to save. If you need help let me know. Your set is a slightly different model than mine so it might not be exactly the same. Remember that each setting of hpos/vpos and geo is input dependent. So don’t try to fix with the cable tv or xbox input active if your issue is with the PC. Select the PC first.

I got a lot of info on avsforums.com

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/fusionbb/showpost.php?post/837895

wow, very nice :tup: Thanks.
And our TV’s can beat up everyone else’s :slight_smile:

I just watched Saw 5 on one of these… great pic. I’m trying to fix a 52" JVC DLP because the picture on the thing was worth saving.