What does it take to redo rubber fuel lines?

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii93/sommmatt/DSCN1096.jpg

Blah! I need to redo my fuel lines, for obvious reasons, and if that doesn’t solve the problem, replace that whole unit, but whatever.

Anyway, what I’m wondering is, what does it take to re-do those lines? Never done it before, but 240 fuel economy isn’t exactly great when your fuel lines aren’t leaking, let alone now :P. Is there a write-up around or anything?

Thanks
Matt

is it actually leaking from the hose or is the metal rusted. if its the metal then be prepared for a big bill.

peace

it the metal hose is leaking you can take out your sending unit and cut/drill out the old hose and run the rubber line directly to the fuel hose. or you might be able to get a metal bulkhead so you can detach the hose without removing the sending unit. i would suggest 1/8 npt bulkhead with 1/8 hose barbs on either side. make sure that before you do any drilling/cutting to remove the sending unit. the sparks inside the drill will ignite the fuel if they touch. seal it all up with some rtv silicon/gasket maker. sending units from the dealer are $300 plus from what i remember.

Well I hit up a parts site and they say its 209 plus shipping for the sending unit, so I figure I’ll try new lines first before I go and spend money on that. I’m not too good with metal working, so I’ll probably just end up buying a new one if necessary. Btw yes, there is rust but it seems fairly solid, and not enough leak for a very obvious hole in the metal. So does anyone have an answer to the original question?

Steel laced epoxy for the motherfucking win. Clean up the area where the leak is coming from, and fix it with steel laced epoxy as per the directions on the package.

Might give that a try, thanks for the tip.

Used it on my SR Oilpan that had a crack in it and a sending unit on my old Pulsar. Worked like a charm.

thats good advice there. but before all that, pull the clamp and disconnect the the hose. make sure the rubber hose is not cracked and what not. if its good and the metal is leaking the try the method said from jowo/minimum. g/l

peace

So where to get steel laced epoxy, and any idea on the price?

about $6 at canadian tire.

Sweet, I figured it would be like a 30 dollar tube or something.

JB Weld ftmfw

bump on JBweld… or just break off the metal part, tap a hole with a tap kit(like $10 from princess auto) screw in a metal fitting and locktite the bitch.
no sparks no welding.
just get a new fuel filter cause u know shavings are gonna fall inside that bitch.