What Gauges are you running?

I’ve been looking into getting some aftermarket gauges. After reading through some of the previous posts I have seen that autometer and megan were 2 of the more comon gauges but it seems people were not satisfied with them.

I’ve read that they recalibrate and don’t work properly(specifically autometer) so would an electrical gauge be the only solution or does another brand of mechanical not have this problem?

Im specifically looking for a/f, boost and oil pressure what brand would be good to go with and not have to spend tons of money?

Anyone have any experience with JDM West’s megan gauges?

Lets hear what you guys are using and some input on them. Thanks

I have used Ractive and Defi. The Defi stuff is extreamly nice, but then again… they are not really cheap so they should be.

Air fuel in pointless unless you are running a wideband sensor. I have the greddy ones adn they are nice, accurate and easy to read. However not really that cheap. Between 100 and 175 each. They are all electrical tho

What gauges would be recomended then just boost/vac and oil pressure or am I over looking another essential gauge?

Personally I would recommend a wideband display of some kind. PLX stuff is cheap and works really well. AEM makes a guage style wideband that has the LED setup like a regular air fuel guage aswell as the digital display.

I have Megan gauges and an AEM wideband. Megans are cheap, look great, but are hard to see during the day. I havent had any problems with mine.

i use a blitz boost guage and turbo timer. which rocks, it was a warning thing and a max boost recorder which also rocks.

I need to get me a A/f and a Pyro this winter.

I’m running zeitronix display for A/F and EGT, and Defi D-gauge’s for Boost and Oil Press. Soon I’ll have a J&S gauge for measuring knock/retard.

Im using autometer and the Boost/Vac guage seems to be the guage that i have seen fuck up at least twice, havent had any problem with oil pressure, coolant temp, or A/F guages though.

Have you had to replace the gauge each time or is there a simple way to fix it?

If you a running a turbo set up i recomend
Boost
Oil pressure
Water temp (stock guage is pointless)

Then
Oil temp
EGT

Then in you have a wideband use a guage, on the stock sensor its pointless

Have you had to replace the gauge each time or is there a simple way to fix it?[/quote]
The needle moved, so the the guage is off by 7 psi now, i just use it as a reference point to see whether im getting boost spikes when seting up the Boost controller. Im too Lazy to get it exchanged.

oil pressure
water temp
oil temp
EGT
boost

and only A/f if its wide band…cause WTF is stoic ahhaha…
fuel pressures nice too

DONT TOUCH AN AUTOMETER GAUGE FOR BOOST! mine went funky with the calibration, and then it started making some stupid sound that i couldnt figure out for sooooooo long… junk junk junk junk junk junk junk junk! cant say it enough junk junk junk junk junk junk junk.

autometer is crappy tire stuff right?

No, autometer is its own company. They are generally considered to be pretty good quality for the money.

This is just the mechanical ones tho isn’t it? Im sure the electrical gauges are better quality and don’t have this problem

i have water temp, oil temp, oil press, exh temp, boost by greddy and one omori temp guage. and stock cluster ehhe

Id stay away from the Megan guages. They are cheap but for a reason. I have them in boost, water temp, oil temp, oil press, and EGT, but both of my temps dont work due to the fact the the megan temp senders suck. And yes they really really suck to read during the day.

Thanks for all your help guys! I think im going to go with autometer boost, oil pressure and water temperature. But for the boost I will get an electrical and then the others I will just get mechanical ones.