Boosted Car Gauges?

What gauges(w/ company) do you use or suggest in your boosted car? Boost, A/F, Oil Pressure…etc?

ProSport or Autometer

Prosport seems like a quality gauge and there cheap. Thats what I’m buying for my car.

EDIT: I’m going to run Boost/Vac, EGT, Oil Pressure.

AEM tru boost… its a digital boost gauge AND electric boost controller

AEM UEGO 6-1 wide band… need to know your AFR’s

coming soon AEM digital oil pressure gauge. keep the AEM theme going and i like the digital gauge

boost, egt, oil pressure, wideband A/F.

I dont have all of the same gauge but I like my autometer sport comp old school black face gauges. my egt is westach and my wideband display is a palm Vx pda.

prosports are pretty nice for the price too. :slight_smile:

if you want a high quality non flashy gauge, go westach. they are aircraft gauges and have everything but a wideband display.

Brian

prosport are garbage, as are auto meter and to a lesser extent stewart warner.

After being through just about every gauge out there I recommend ONLY Defis. SPA are nice too but extremely expensive and if you don’t calibrate it your gonna have hard time using it.

What is the point of having a gauge if it doesn’t do the job properly or last.

I would use Boost, EGT, oil pressure at the very least. If you want more data then a Fuel pressure gauge comes in super handy as we have seen the last few days.

A/F if you are tuning the car yourself otherwise if you don’t really understand what that means etc you don’t need to see it too often the tuner should have his own wideband.

DEFI

Defi or you might as well trust stockers

i wish i could afford DEFI gauges for my car :frowning:

DEFI!

its all everyone seems to talk about
and what im running in my e30

[quote=“cky89,post:10,topic:37110"”]

DEFI!

its all everyone seems to talk about
and what im running in my e30

[/quote]

can i ask…how do you afford a 3 cars, school, and an apartment?

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:11,topic:37110"”]

can i ask…how do you afford a 3 cars, school, and an apartment?

[/quote]

15 grand in the bank.

i worked 3 jobs for a year and saved a good majority of it.

[quote=“cky89,post:12,topic:37110"”]

15 grand in the bank.

i worked 3 jobs for a year and saved a good majority of it.

[/quote]

ohhh…gotcha…i wish i would have done that…but hopfully ill have my cobalt SS paid off by next year…i just have to get it first lol

lol i made alot of sacrifices for those jobs and that money. it sucked but its worth it now.

[quote=“cky89,post:14,topic:37110"”]

lol i made alot of sacrifices for those jobs and that money. it sucked but its worth it now.

[/quote]

yeah i can imagine…ill be putting in a LOT of overtime to pay it off lol.

my autometers never done me wrong. my gauges are right on line with all my logs, as they are in other cars i have had my hands on. they also seem to work in all the NHRA cars :gotme:

btw i try to have as little gauges as possible. i dont like the clutter. right now i have a boost and fuel psi gauge. probably adding an engine oil temp

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:15,topic:37110"”]

yeah i can imagine…ill be putting in a LOT of overtime to pay it off lol.

[/quote]

yeah man loans suck. get rid of them as soon as you can

[quote=“cky89,post:17,topic:37110"”]

yeah man loans suck. get rid of them as soon as you can

[/quote]

yes they do…i dont want to take the bite on a car loan but i have to…ill just sit on the warranties for a while lol

i wish my car had a warranty :frowning:

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:16,topic:37110"”]

my autometers never done me wrong. my gauges are right on line with all my logs, as they are in other cars i have had my hands on. they also seem to work in all the NHRA cars :gotme:

btw i try to have as little gauges as possible. i dont like the clutter. right now i have a boost and fuel psi gauge. probably adding an engine oil temp

[/quote]

No EGT??? Ballsy.

Every autometer I have ever used has blown. Plain and simple. I think skrapper had 3 boost gauges shit the bed on him. All those old guys get half those gauges for free and I would be willing to bet that they have never heard of Defi. Not too mention NHRA guys don’t need to worry about any gauges when they are going 4-6 seconds. Fuck who has time for gauges. Street car however…too me that is heavy duty use. Something that sees more time running in one drive than an entire season of events. Most NHRA teams have people that set the car up and all the driver does…is drive.

DEFI for the win.

Or some form of datalogging software.