Boosted Car Gauges?

I run defi love them i have boost and oil press. need egt and a wide band will prob get a AEM

hey don, could you rattle me off the prices of boost egt and oil? maybe via PM if need be, when you open shop tomorrow? thanks

sure

thanks don :slight_smile:

[quote=“Carnut,post:6,topic:37110"”]

After being through just about every gauge out there I recommend ONLY Defis. SPA are nice too but extremely expensive and if you don’t calibrate it your gonna have hard time using it.

[/quote]

So out of curiousity you ever try Apexi, Pivot, Sard, Blitz etc?

both me and paul have Stewart Warner boost gauges, they work great… and match the factory gauges of the evo vary nicely

Apex’i and greddy are grouped together in my mind. While they work, you have individual control boxes for both making the wiring a mess and making for potential wiring problems in the future. Most Apex’i and Greddy gauges are only availablt in Metric…I live in america…I want to see PSI not BAR and convert in my head.

Like I said to a lesser extent stewart warner is not as bad but they can be off as well. I have replaced 4 stewart warner boost gauges due to faulty readings. Some just aren’t calibrated properly out of the box or the fact is loose. Either way makes for inaccurate readings. The stewart warner EGTs aren’t even worth it. They don’t come with a probe or wiring so you need to buy those extra when all is said and done it costs you around 175 for an EGT that isn’t as nice as a Defi which is maybe $20 more.

but then u need the defi link unit, which is like another 100 or something… no complaints from me on the stewart warner’s, all of mine read perfect… i WOULD get defis, but i cant justify spending 1g on 3 gauges lol

Not if you use the Blue racer gauges. Granted they won’t match your current stock gauges but again. The point of having a gauge is for an accurate reading of vital information not really the color it lights up

Ive got Autometer C2’s…love the look but they sometimes dont work=(
Well…my boost/vac always works. Oil temp works well but the oil pressure only works if there will be a full moon out that day.

[quote=“Carnut,post:20,topic:37110"”]

snip

[/quote]

ya, no egt. im thinking if i do egt im going to do it the right way with 8 signals. alota ls1 guys including chuck do the rear (7th) cylinder, which helps, but its not ideal. and if you have it measuring the whole shabam, then its no better than a general wideband reading.

i dont doubt you have seen autometers fail, im just saying they’ve always worked well for me and every car ive been in.

i too have seen an occasional autometer failure but they were all replaced under warranty and they were obvious that they were off. like a boost gauge not going back to 0 when the car is off.

i dont trust any gauge anyway cause i cant stare at it for a significant amount of time and still drive properly when the car is accelerating briskly. datalogging is best for that anyway.

Brian

im selling my SPA dual digitals, 500 for both, one is boost/oil pressure the other is water/oil temp. 4 gauges in only 2

^^^KILLER… Those are nice. .