what i did this weekend

i’m waiting to get the rest of the pics emailed to me but here’s the one i snapped before my phone died.

this is my buddy steve we’d just got the plane out of the hanger after the 6" of snow we got the night before. we went up to vermont to visit an old friend and got a little flying in while we were there. i got to fly for about a half hour (he was considering letting me land but weather got bad) we’re gonna do it again in 3 weeks.

http://racepa.com/forums/uploads/post-21-1105327301.jpg

Nice man, snow and a small plane looks :scared:

we had no problems the runways are cleared by trucks they just didnt’ dig out the hangers, it was an awesome experience can’t wait to do it again when the sun was out it was beautiful. it was pretty calm through most of the flight, i didn’t realize the controls were so touchy one min i’m looking out the window at something the next i’m in a lefthand 100fpm dive lol.

that is awesome!!
i would love to fly!

he’s trying to talk me into taking my license tests because there’s a small grass strip airport behind my house that i can fly out of to his place in 3 hours.

Do it Kurt, you only live once:cool:

i don’t think i have the money for it right now…maybe after the talon is done i’ll look into it

Definately do it! I’ve been flying out of McVille up there near you since I was about 13. It’s not as expensive as everyone makes it out to be. I’ve had my license for a little over 2 years now. I wish I had more cash/time to do it now, I guess it will have to wait until after school. If anyone has the chance to get their license/fly definatley do it, you won’t regret it!

i hope you didnt have to work on the plane.

yeah that’s the strip i’m talking about that i’d be flying out of…pretty cool

The guys up there are pretty awesome. If you ever decide to take lessons, let me know, I’ll give you the name of my instructor. It’s like stepping back in time when you go up there though, old grass airfield.

yup yup i used to go up there when we first moved my dad would go up and talk to the guys and stuff

i know the airport in question. its WAY out in the sticks.

where else would a grass strip runway be? in the middle of k-town?

I think theres one out behind Jay’s Garage just south of Butler. :dunno:

yeah i know been there too, who cares where the airport is located i don’t get your point :dunno:

also from what my buddy was telling me (he’s from kittanning) the one in butler is tarmac not grass

There is Butler Airport (the big one), and Butler Farm Show Airport, which is small, but paved. There are also a bunch of private (some public) grass strips all over the Pittsburgh area.

the gps system we were using showed all the strips in purple…made it rather easy to spot as apposed to trying to find it the “old way”

i wasnt trying to make a point, I was just saying I knew which airport you were talking about. :slap: