what i found at work tonight...

I went out on break to put something on the bed of my truck and I put my tailgate down and it wasn’t going down all the way, so I lifted it back up to see that my rear bumper has been pushed In which bent part of my fender and tailgate corners. Well earlier my truck was at a dealership all day and I can swear this happened there which also had some bad customer service problems but my question is will the dealership fix this problem or is this going to turn into a huge hassel? Has anyone had anything like this happen , I wouldn’t have cared if it was small but it bent the bumper , fender and tailgate.

you better hope they have cameras or I would think your SOL. You left there and noticed it later on. No way in hell I would take responsibility for that unless it was mentioned before you left. Good luck man. Thats shady. I have had my Edge hit while it was parked. No note, no nothing so i know the feeling.

Wow, all I have to say what a great place they took the truck on to the body shop today no complaints or anything also gave me a loaner veichle, im glad some places back up their work.

Which dealer? Glad to see they’re taking care of you.

I red this last night, figured there was no chance in hell they would take responsibility for their actions. I’m glad to see it all worked out for you tho and :tup: to the dealership.

They probably knew that it happened and rolled the dice on whether you would call them on it.

+1

Glad they are fixing it!

Glad to see it work out for you

I didn’t want to throw the name out if they didn’t fix it but it was basil’s . My dad and I have always gone there and I guess that proves why. I’m glad they are backing up their work.

Awesome, that’s customer service. They could’ve easily said nah didn’t happen here.

Similar thing happened to me, I dropped my car off at Northtown, picked it up drove home, saw a healthy scratch on my bumper. Called Northtown back and they basically told me that I couldn’t prove it happened there and said there’s nothing they would do about it.

Very surprised a Basil dealer ship would be so stand up.

me too but im very glad they fixed it and like I said thats why I have always gone there, I was still shocked to see it .

Maybe Mr. Basil saw your post and said uh ohhhhh. Don’t want to F with the mighty nyspeed!

I highly doubt they knew it happened and waited to tell you. Maybe a lot kid or somebody did it and didn’t fess up until management asked around. Regardless, I’m not surprised they fixed it, when you’re the 3rd largest dealer in America, it’s better to fix a $300 problem than have a pissed off customer.

:tup:

good point. that $300 likely just sold them two more cars from the op and his family.

ya I was beyond pissed when i went to use my tailgate and it didnt close and then to see my bumper was messed up pretty good. My truck is almost like brand new.

ya we have bought a bunch of them there, my dad just bought one in the fall.