No good deed goes unpunished

We’ve been getting some decent snow here and I seen a explorer in a ditch. Older mom and mid 20s son. I pull over and check on them. Ask if they need a tug.

I tell the guy once your front tires comes out of the ditch to slam on the brake and put it in park. I pull them out w ease and super slow. As in 2-3 mph. I see and feel him brake when he’s out. I stop, into park, open door and SLAM. he put his into reverse to get out more after we stopped and smashed into my rear end. WTF.

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r719/Choda_70mmZ71/0468439F-1290-4F48-9A3B-7E0F124024CE_zpsnrwmpt4t.jpg

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r719/Choda_70mmZ71/543C3921-D952-46D3-8CD3-CA218830C1F7_zpssif4qviz.jpg

So the bumper, tail gate and rear quarter are fucked. They were very sorry and gave me their ins card and exchanged info. I called his ins and they are writing it up. Man this blows and now I’m gonna have to have it at a body shop for a week and I don’t have a second car.

But no worries, I pushed out a family that was stuck in their driveway this morning coming into work. PUSHED as in parked my truck 50 feet away and shoveled snow and used my hands to push the car out.

:tup: to a good deed, :tdown: for the damage.

Their insurance company will pay for a rental.

:word:

Good to see you’re good people helping out. I used to tug people out all the time but always that fear something could go wrong and turn ugly, especially in today’s society.

This is what insurance is for :lol:

:tup: to you being a nice guy. Sometimes it doesn’t pay to be that way, but at least you have your health and so do they. Truck can be fixed and those people, I’m sure are grateful for your help.

I’ll b making an appointment w Zeons on transit in Lockport. Andy and crew did a flawless job on the front of my truck a few months ago.

Ill Call his ins again on lunch and see what they say. Probably adding an LSX badge instead of the LT.

edit. U guys see that pasti dip holding up great!

Glad to hear there are still plenty of people up to good deeds. :tup:

I would leave it, more character. truck stuff :tup:

ugh sux to hear but :tup: on helping people

I enjoy doing that…but I always push with my hands

Always feels good to help out, I yanked a kid in his charger out of the snow from 33 to 90 on ramp. I pull people out using the front tow hook so I can watch them and make sure they stop.

:tup: for plastidip tho

Sent from my iPhone 6

ahhh cant open the tail gate and its not a pos, otherwise id pocket the money.

I want my truck fixed then ill build some custom push/crash bars for the front and rear for snow season. That way I can tell people, ohh yeah go ahead and smash into me, i have custom crash bars now.

Don’t have a hitch ? Or did it come out on an angle ? Hitches are great for that too.

Ive pulled out dozens of people this winter with the Xterra busted 3 straps (the truck isn’t heavy takes a lot of jerking to pull heaver vehicles out).and dented in the front left of the front bumper (when someone did the same thing to me, I even carry 2 way radios in the truck so I can tell them to stop… didnt work).
Ive received an offer for discounted plumbing, 2 blowpops , and 20$ lol

^^ Blowpops :tup:

:tup: for fellow X owner!

Sent from my iPhone 6

when I was in high-school and had a Fullsize Bronco I use to carry business cards that said “you have been helped by a street racer”(kinda cheesey but was fun).

Ive always enjoyed lending a hand its the resone I have Onboard air in the X. makes changing a tire a flash.

well turns out the insurance card he gave me that showed him being effective with Progressive until April 2015 is not valid.

They declined the claim for he was not active with progressive at the time of the accident.

So I’m going to his house today after work to see if he accidently gave me the wrong insurance card or he is a scum bag. Either way Insurance is mandatory in NY so he should have it no matter what.

That’s shitty all the way around.

At least you have an excuse to put a 2014 bumper on it.

In for results that will probably make this thread the last time I pull someone out of a ditch. Good luck.