What internet browser do YOU use?

on my desktop pc i used firefox cuz it was 20X faster than ie…and ie wud always freeze…but that cudda been possibly due to the amount of viruses lol

im the only loser still useing IE

use it because i have absolutly no problesm with it and it works just fine for what i use it for. so no need for me to change it.

my friend’s a retard and thinks IE is better…

If you’re referring to my picture…

Don’t remember the name, but as default, Mozilla has something like “Getting Started”, and some other crap in place of what I’ve got up there.

Simply right click them and delete… then for whichever websites that you want to have quick access to, no matter what site you’re currently on:

• Go to the address bar up top
  • Click and drag the little picture/icon before the “http://” and drag onto the spot, previously occupied by “Getting started”.

With Mozilla, you can also have a number of sites auto-matically loaded whenever Mozilla starts. To do this, just have the sites you want loaded on start-up in tabs, and select “Current Page” as your homepage.

Mozilla is a wonderful thing, makes my browsing so much more efficient.

I have to use IE at school, and I’m using it in the mornings for posts… absolutely hate how much time I waste switching from window-window…

btw ppl who want to speed up their firefox just download faster fox and easier than typing in and changing those codes in about:config

I use both IE and Firefox. depends what I’m doing. Both have their benefits. As a webdeveloper for an extremely large firm…everything get built for IE. We will consider compatibility with firefox…but many websites completely ignore the mac users. Sorry mac users, you are at a definite disadvantage. I like the performance of my macs, but now the new AMD processors are giving macs a run for their money. If i had to absolutely had to chose one…

it would be Mozilla firefox for the PC!

FF is the way to go.

With regard to Macs (crap!), oops sorry, its just a natural reaction…:smiley:
now that they have switched to intel chips, and the lack of scsi. hahah. They can no longer be called superior machines. ..
Also a major reason why the macs have dropped in price.

But to each his/her own…

R:)

^^bohead, by firm, do you mean a multimedia house? or a law firm?

I work for a law firm, so I was just curious.

Cheers,

R:)

Shortez isn’t alone though… the Toronto Bimmer community are all hardcore Mac users… they actually have a Mac’ n Coffee meet tonight in 'sauga… wish I could go.

Will look into faster fox, thanks for the tip altimaze!

EDIT link to download the add-on, Fasterfox:
http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/

wwooo…lol mac n coffee meet…thats funny

BMW’s-Mac’s-‘Coffee’ meets… soft mutual petting-long walks in the park…

Don’t know where you’re getting at…

But stereotyping doesn’t get society anywhere… but hey, I’m not to judge. :R

Car guys are the same everywhere… ignorance is mankind’s downfall. :wink:

:i1242hahaha, mutual petting and long walks in the park :LOL

not sure ‘where’ I’m getting at either… can’t wait to arrive mind you…

You Mac guys, no sense of humour… which is very odd considering you BOUGHT a MAC…but hey, I’m not judge Ito.

You should really read the rest of the thread… I use Windows… and thanks for the English lesson, professor.

Have a good day!:wink:

yeah, I’m the last person to give a lesson, however taking advantage of a bit of ‘miswordage’ ( new word ), is never out of the question.

but you not having a mac… does that mean you can’t play the reindeer games with the other BMW owners??

:S :R
Hey, different strokes for different folks… not for me though. The bimmer dudes I chill with don’t fit into your description. :wink:

Just a couple hardcore track guys that grip, and autocross… you see, I’m open-minded, and appreciate cars doing what they’re built for–whether it be drift/drag/grip. :R

come on now, that as just a friendly little jab, it wasn’t even talking down to the BMW guys. everyone should just loosen up abit haha.

play nice now kiddies

I’m pretty sure there’s tons of people that would love to try out mac’s, but they just don’t have the opportunity. I know I could never use a mac simply because all the software that I use for work will never come out on a mac. Hell, not even Autocad is available on a mac let alone something else like ELCad, ETAP, ePLAN, Pro/E and so on… I’m sure I’m not the only one with that problem.
btw, these programs I’ve named are not some small dinky applications that 0.5% of the engineers use. They pretty much follow all of the industry standards and have been around for 20 or more years…