What is everyone doing with their money?

I know most of us are young and dont have much invested so far, but are you keeping it in there for the long haul or have you pulled your money out of the market? Everything is shitty right now and not much good things to invest in? Im keeping mine in as i know it will recover eventually and i will continue to buy for now.

Its all in precious metals and sparkly jewels.

Real Estate

Now is the time!

Gold seems like it’s had quite a run, but it probably will continue. I’m not ready to jump in, if I were I’d go with Rio Tinto (RTN).

TTM : Tata Motors. Indian manufacturer of cars, trucks, recently the 1 lakh car was released. Jaguar and Rover potentially being owned by this high profit margin company makes for some interesting global prospects.

ABB : European based manufacturer and designer of heavy electrical equipment, transmission lines, transformers, switchgear. Large, non-US dependent supplier of electrical equipment seems like a relatively good bet for the next few years of infrastructure ramp-up globally.

GIGM : GigaMedia. Successful real-money poker software in Europe, upcoming Asian gaming platform & Japan pachinko platform. Buying up rights on licensing for HG:London and it’s potentially a 4 bagger at the current price if they deliver on all the irons in the fire. Also, with their China penetration on the rise and the upcoming Olympics with a basketball-feverish population, I thought I heard the GIGM guys are working on Asian licensing of EA’s online basketball games.

STON : StoneMor Partners. People always die and they are the best at managing cemetaries and are always expanding. Great dividend, but uncertain if they can sustain it at the current levels with the expansion. I think it’s safe based on the balance sheet and cash flow.

mutal funds

President Bush told congressional leaders privately on Thursday he favors personal income tax rebates and tax breaks for businesses to help avert a recession, officials said, as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke joined in calls for an economic stimulus package.

I have some money in my 401(k) at work that I have pushed mostly to foreign companies since the foreign markets are up. I also have a CD with my bank, but that is pretty much it.

And no I am not pulling my money out. That is why the markets are doing so poorly, becuase everytime there is a little dip, everyone pulls their money out.

using it all on my house

:bigok:

Been building a 401K (all in a variety of mutual funds, with the exception of company stock) since I was 23. Minimum of 6% of my pay goes straight in and has never been taken out, including all the matching portion. I’m pretty much sticking with the market, and moving as much company stock into mutual funds as is allowed.

The rest of my investments, well, there aren’t any (except for the house, but I don’t plan on selling it, so it’s really more of a long term investment I guess).

getting into a Roth 401(k) as soon as possible.

Mutual funds, i-shares, precious metals, and diamonds I believe.

Also have an online savings with a few K for emergencies.

Stashing in my 401(k)

Gonna talk to my Accountant friend and discuss other options for investments as well.

Investing in off-shore betting operations is the way to go.

fuck gambling.

it’s exploitation of the (obviously not terribly bright) american public.

I pulled my 401k and Roth funds from the market when the DOW was about 13,600. I’m feeling pretty good about that decision right now. I still don’t know if I want to get back in yet. This talk of economic stimulus hasn’t helped one bit. I think the weak dollar and all the foreign investment is really hurting us.

I really have no idea, and no advice, it’s quite volatile right now.

401k and real estate mainly… I have a duplex in Dormont that i co own and rent out. Right now I am going through the process of getting a house in FL to rent out/live in.

Once I get my student loans out of the way I plan on messing with more real estate in form of large land purchases for future development.

The FL market is pretty depressed. They were building homes down there like there was no tomorrow, and a lot of insurance companies won’t issue policies down there now. Consequently the prices have been dropping. It’s a great market if you can buy it cash and it’s not the type of building to sustain massive damage in storms.

Good luck man, I’ve been looking into it too, but I’m not sure if the bottom dropped out yet.

Fuck investing. I stuff my pillows and mattress with my cash. I don’t worry about stinking recessions.

im saving mine to buy a house…not finance, just buy…