what is son?

definition: lowballers when prices are already low

guys, ive gotten this several times now on my part out thread, where prices are already very low

ill buy your stuff if i can get a “better deal”

i even state in my thread that im not taking offers

im pretty sure i need to just give my stuff away before son is happy

yes this is a rant, flame on

Matty, to be honest, your prices are way too high.

The most I’d pay for your 300zx brakes are $80 shipped. Who the fuck is going to pay $450 for that shit?

dammit your right

ill have to cut all my prices in half, at the least, and then offer free shipping

you need to be not so far away. You are a two hour drive from the GTA, that is 4 hoours round trip… that is a $80 trip imho whether you buy something or not.

i only came out to see you because i was bored and wanted to spend some time with my dad.

or you can have parts shipped to you for between 15-20 bucks in most cases

heres my point, son makes offers just for the sake of making offers

say i have product A listed at 300, a bit higher then i would usually price it at because i left room for offers

someone would offer me 250 and ide accept

now, i have product A listed at 225, my bottom line, in a thread where i state im taking no offers, i cut all the bullshit

same person who woudl have offered me 250 earlier offers me 200 now, just for the sake of making an offer, even tho they know they would have paid more.

the majority of son makes offers just for the shit of it to bust peoples chops, because nobody here wants to pay full price, even if full price is a solid price

half the people ive dealt with recently and i the past make me an offer, and i cant swing it, so i say no, they go on about how they dont want it now and i can sell it to the next person, and then they come back a week later telling me theyll take it now

why not cut the bullshit, long drive or not, when you see a good deal, if you need the part, jump on it

bing, it boggles me how you can do business here, i mean i know the cutsomer satisfaction and the experience is part of your operations and you do a good job at it, but most people here would rather save 10 bucks buying the part on ebay
and i like to think im the same way. i cant send my part back out and replace it with another for the buyer, but if it doesnt work or something happens, on more then one occasion ive given people a full refund and swallowed the loss on the part myself

like people think i making a huge proffit on this clip, and if i wanted that to be the case, i could quite easily, but if i wanna keep some parts, which i am, im making absolutely nothing then, enough to cover the loan i took to grab it in the first place, hene why im nto taking offers. im even buying some parts off of myself since i have to. i show the guys here my bottom line price and cut all the crap.

maybe if i was a vendor, people woudlnt be so arrogant. i cant imagine starngers emailing you and saying, yeah bing, your gunna have to give me a better deal or im not buying from you. i know this happens, but not with complete strangers. and if it did, then you should be able to understand ym point about how frustrating it is.

i take into account the fact that the majority of my buyers are from the gta, so i have to underprice everyone else. i also understand that i cant compete with the vendors on here and big companies who sell the same parts, again, a reason why i have to underprice. but when i do so, it leaves very little room for loss.

sometimes you make a buck, but the majority of the past two years here, ive lost alot more then ive made. call it bad business on my part, but in the past i guess i was too nice to people. accpeting every offer i took. the car i bought from you for example, was a huge downfall for me. granted i was still a noob who didnt know a qaurter of the stuff i know now, so its my own fault. but i lost close to a thousand dollars there cuz even then i priced my stuff low when i parted it back out to the public, even tho i knew i was losing money.

Its not just SON its the internet itself…if someone had to stand in your face and lowball you then it would never happen but because there really is no repercussion to a low ball then people do it all the time.

I say we implement a low ball rule. Three strikes and time out for a couple weeks. It has to be documented though.

PS - You still have that cluster for sale?

negaitve pete, sorry but it was scooped up

and your right, people can lowball and make offers over the net easily cuz the worst thing that can happen is refusal

in person its alot harder to do just because of the situation.

i understand making offers, like i said, worst case scenario is that the owner will say no, and its always worth a shot.

but im just getting tired of it, thats all. i know it wont ever change tho.

Matty, I totally understand what you’re saying. I’ve experienced all this too. It’s just sad… but that’s how it is :frowning:

People just love to lowball…

Yep the internet creates sketchy wondow shoppers. If I like you, you will get a deal but no one invests the time to establish a relationship. Just a cheesy one liner with no “Hello” or even their name.

Plus people on eBay selling stolen and or broken shit for nothing sets a low benchmark. Things are also cheaper in the US get over it 14% on average.

My personal favorite recent SON movement: lowballing by 30% and then asking for a delivery 120km round trip…yeah I’ll get right on that.

haha i got that one quite a bit too

lowball offer coupled with the 4 hour delivery trip

and mark, i understand the whole offering thing ad that it will never cease

im guilty of it aswell but ive never lowballed someone here, and more often then not, ive paid asking price, especially when i know its a good deal to start with

and no one does it in person. no one. ive had offers made to me in person, but never lowballed. people oly do it online because they can hide behind the safety of their computer screen.

if someone seriously lowballed me in person, ide ask them to leave my property and never contact me for parts again. when friends do it as a joke its all fine and dandy, but i wouldnt put up with it if some stranger gave me a serious lowball offer. but it doesnt matter cuz no one does it in person because they cant hide behind a comp

this one is also famous on son, the will you cover my gas expenses since you live so far away. haha. im aware i live far away but my prices usually take this into accoutn that your going to have to put gas in your car.

it just gets old and annoying

son is a joke thats why you join son and join tnc, when ur tired of the BS go to tnc and keep son as a joke.

yeah… tnc… the hallmark of maturity and seriousness

^+1
It’s easy to be mature on a board that gets 3 posts a year.

Wow, you don’t say.

SON is the lowball capital, of the internet? You mean every other forum out there doesn’t do this?

exsactly lol

It’s like that on all the forums, but people just love to lowball, when prices are already low.

just about everyone iv met with a 240 is cheap… as hell i think its cause if we had a better job we would buy better cars. and we would have more money from our shitty jobs if we dident have to blow it all into our cars.

A well placed comma, for a much needed breather mid-sentence.

on lowballing, i have found the top (toronto protege forums) dont seem to lowball that much. pretty much the most straight up guys i have ever done business with. its not every forum.