What is your current automotive curiosity?

there the same man it all depends on the trim

ohhhh you’re talking about the control racks. They don’t actually go to the blower but go to the governor which is mounted right behind the blower.

what’re you doin with it? Why you pull it?

Right now absolutly nothing because im in the process of buying a house and the baby should be here in about 2 months or so. Any projects will be on hold for quite a while. I need to get my self some basic fab tools for the home garage welder, torch set, compressor a second set of tools so i dont have to cart them to and from work blah blah blah. The idea is still in its infancy and i havent quite planned the exact route i would take with it. Someday i will start another project, but for now there is alot of other priorities.

i wanted to buld it for like a v10 or a 440 but idt i ever will. and im not really familiar with them so i just related it to a rocker shaft lol

ok man i understand im almost in the same boat as you if u decide to start it lmk ill look around

I will do! If i have the cash and find a smokin deal on a shell i may just have to jump on it and just do minor things to it untill i can afford expensive parts

thats actually the mechanical tube that controls the fuel injectors. lol you just have the blower then i take it.

the blower and the govenor on the back thats it motor was at a scrap yard

gotcha. lemme know if you dont want it ill make a hoss decoration from it.

when i finally get done with my truck ill see man i may get bored

NBD man i’d just rather not see it go to scrap. I’m tryina save em all.

To put this somewhat back on topic…LOL…I would say vehicle wiring diagrams. Definitely my weak point when it comes to working on cars/bikes, I’m far from a wiring/electronic guru.

Ive put together a EJ22t swap a million times in my head just cant pull the trigger on a project until we get situated with the baby and buy a house etc etc…

Xdsmlaser I saw a supercharged boxer build from a company callex accelerator or accelerated performance the documented it pretty well too if that helps at all…

wizardry that is happening inside my trans

You know I could make your life easier by loaning you some of many suspension geometry and race frame books I have here that would give you a better answer than googling them

:wink:

Get ready to be power leveled…:rofl

amazon.com/Race-Car-Vehicle-Dynamics-R146/dp/1560915269

/thread

^^ have it. Booya!

Designing the new front suspension for our Baja SAE car, as well as trying to figure out a way to make a sway bar w/ disconnect. Relearning Autodesk Inventor because my Solidworks license ran out. Basically moving to a tubular lower arm (lighter), upper arms with more clearance for steering angle, along with a step and a higher rest position for better front ground clearance. Possibly more (meaning any at all) negative camber on compression as well.

For anyone curious, here’s the old car, looks a bit rough but we made it work:
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/525821_4175487870655_1162473365_n.jpg

Would have done pretty well if we didn’t wreck the transmission the day before comp, rebuild it in the parking lot of the hotel, reinstall, run through tech inspection (a mess in itself), finally get to test the car, and find out now it doesn’t shift. 45 minute transmission swap to our old 5 speed unit that we lack the correct sprocket for (~24mph top end vs ~34mph with the fooked 6 speed), and miss 3 dynamic events.

I’ll stop cluttering this thread with baja stuff. Can talk about that for way longer than I’d like to think about. Last note: engine is restricted to an unmodified briggs and stratton 10hp single cylinder governed to 3800rpm, hence the low top end.

I’ve already decided I’m going to fix the Z as is… Make sure its running good and cleaned up selling it and putting that money towards a 240Z. I’m either going to buy one as unmolested as i can even if its a bit beat up and just use it as a cruiser till I have the means to do something exciteing to it, or I’m just going to wait till my fits paid off and just buy one thats already had something like an LS1/2jz dropped in it

Phate- that buggy is cool as hell. do want.

Shady- the stock L28/L6 in the Datsun Z’s are alot cheaper and easier to build then a motor swap to an EFI engine.