what motors for you?

the 1JZ is a better choice for most applications, 2JZ is a peak hp motor not overly effective on the track. The 1JZ is the original built to compete with the RB 26 in group N… it may not have the ‘peak hp’ that a 2JZ has , but it has a massive torque curve that matches the power curve right across the RPM band. 1JZ is always the better choice for everything BUT dyno queens and drag cars.

Stock bottom end is not good for 900hp, possibly 600hp in a pinch. (1/10th the life span )

MOT approved? that only effects California as far as I’ve seen.

I stand corrected. And yes I agree the 1JZ is a better balanced motor for the 240sx (i was going to include it after i posted my thread but said ‘screw it’). The only reason i wouldn’t go with the 1JZ is that it just doesn’t have the proper support in the GTA.

Ka24e, Ka24de/Ka24deT or Sr20deT VVT… :A

Except for a few items in the bottom end, the 1JZ and 2JZ share the same top end. You’ll find more parts ‘GTA’ which is to say ’ ordered from Japan like everything else for non domestic motors… ( yet another reason to love rotories HA! ).

Whatever you choose to use, the point is make sure it ADD’s to the dynamics of the vehicle, (Eg: using a motor just for HP’s sake but throwing weight, balance and CofG way out of spec does NOT add to the vehicle… )

^^ + 1

rb26dett all the way

farmer